If you select a filter in Gunther's shop, close the shop window, and open it again, then it remembers which filter is selected in the dropdown menu, but it actually applies the "all" filter until you manually pick something else again.
* Character movement preview uses slightly different shade/hue/transparency values of the same blue color. It is especially tricky when you're trying to position a Large character. Something like White for the new position, and a some other color for the path would be nice.
* It's difficult to look up the max health/shields value for the currently selected character. (EDIT: Found it. It works the same as unselected characters. However, I expected a tooltip on cursor hover for the max value.)
* Skill tooltips tend to cover up the area of effect of the skill on the map. Some sort of smart positioning scheme would be nice, or maybe a dedicated panel on the right side of the screen.
Optional confirmation for "autocast" (untargeted) abilities
* It would be useful to be able to click on Whirlwind and examine the expected damage/hit chance numbers before committing to the attack.
Turn order, weirdness with "wait" command
* "Wait" is somewhat limited. It could be intentional, but it feels unintentional. There is no way to have two characters both wait for a third character, since the command simply swaps the first two in the initiative order. If there were a way to issue the command from the character portrait in the initiative bar, that would be one fix.
* It would also be useful to be able to use up some of your movement points without actually spending your entire turn. Actually, actions as well. Maybe this has already been tried? If the first bullet point were addressed, then being allowed to "wait" instead of "end turn" would let you, for example, Blitz with a character who had already acted earlier in the turn. This would be good for cleanup based on what lower-initiative characters did during the fight. Technically allowing turns to be split up in this manner would be a buff for the player, and it would likely be entangled greatly with new issues for the Undo button. For example, I would want a character's Undo to be disabled by Wait, but further "undoable" actions should be undoable whenever they start their "waited" turn (with however many move or action points they have remaining).
* Overall, I would prefer to see End Turn be more like a "hard Wait" that places you at the end of the initiative and flags you as "end turn", but after all characters have ended their turns, I would like to see the prompt "Aliss and Signy have unused Actions. Are you sure you want to end your turn?"
* If we wanted to be fancy with it, then all characters who are above all enemies in the initiative order would be selectable with left-click. It would equally be any such character's turn for all intents and purposes, and then the Wait button, in this scheme, would kick the entire block of characters behind the first enemy character in the Initiative list.
Perhaps it would be a significant buff. Sometimes I feel like I should be able to move sideways, wait for someone else to pass through, and then move back where I was before. Maybe this simply isn't something that the developers believe should be allowed, but to me it feels like the most intuitive rule for what characters should be allowed to do, all other rules being the way they are now. I don't know whether it's already been tried that way, and I realize that it would probably need significant code changes and bug testing. But ever since I noticed the first bullet point about Wait, I've found more and more things I would have decided to do differently if it were me.
Post edited May 21, 2017 by mothwentbad