Because of the layers of launchers in order to run the game, how can I get the game to run in windowed mode?
For Red Baron 1
- Open \Red Baron Pack\Red Baron 1\dosboxred1.conf with any text editor
- Edit the fullscreen variable like this: fullscreen=false
- Save and run the game
For Red Baron 3D
- Go to the game's installation folder (..\Red Baron Pack\Red Baron 3D)
- Create a shortcut for baron.exe (right-click it to get the option)
- Right-click the shortcut => Preferences
- Add " -windowed" behind the target file; It should look like this "<YOUR INSTALLATION PATH>\Red Baron Pack\Red Baron 3D\Baron.exe" -windowed
- Apply the changes and use the shortcut to start the game
For Red Baron 2 I would edit where you say "Right-click the shortcut [and select] Preferences" to "Right-click the shortcut and select Properties"
Additionally, while the above does make the Main Menu appear as a window, the next step is to select Preferences on the Main Menu, then Graphic Setting, then Graphic Options, and check the box on the right for "Windowed" under the Graphics section of the screen.
Now with the instructions and the Edit, I am able to play RB3D minus the full screen issues.
Thanks, DeMignon, for laying the foundation of this solution!!