It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Tycoons,
Today sees the release of the new update 1.13 (version 1.13.0-25785 NA).

In this update, we’ve used the community’s vital feedback to focus on tackling the below points, alongside adding many small improvements in the code, too small and numerous to list, mostly in preparation for the latest DLC release ‘Down Under’:

Fixes
Fixed a bug where the game would crash if a farm was purchased in Scandinavia
Fixed a bug where extended game options weren’t editable using a gamepad
Fixed refund of maintenance buildings in Challenge games
Fixed internal error in rail builder
Fixed a bug where players could accrue too many staff and personnel
Fixed the colour coding in Express Goods dialogue

Misc.
Added an end date to Market Crier and Promoter
Optimized the performance of signal-controlled stations.

---

Neues Update 1.13 wurde veröffentlicht!

Heute wurde das neueste Update 1.13 (Version 1.13.0-25785 NA) für Railway Empire veröffentlicht.

Mit diesem Update haben wir neben vielen kleinen Verbesserungen im Code, welche im Einzelnen zu klein und zu zahlreich sind, um sie alle aufzulisten, jedoch überwiegend Vorbereitungen für unser aktuellen DLC „Down Under“ sind, folgenden Punkte in Angriff genommen:

Fehlerbehebungen
Ein Fehler wurde behoben, durch den das Spiel beim Kauf einer Farm in Skandinavien abstürzen konnte.
Ein Fehler wurde behoben, durch den die erweiterten Spieloptionen nicht mit dem Gamepad bearbeitet werden konnten.
Die Rückerstattung des Wartungsgebäudes in Herausforderungs-Spielen wurde behoben.
Ein interner Fehler im Rail-Builder wurde behoben.
Ein Fehler wurde behoben, durch den der Spieler zu viel Personal ansammeln konnte.
Fehlerhafte Farbkodierung im Dialog für Expressgüter wurde behoben.

Weiteres
Dem Marktschreier und dem Promoter wurde ein Enddatum hinzugefügt.
Die Leistung der signalgesteuerten Stationen wurde optimiert.

Ein Dankeschön geht wie immer an euch für euer konstruktives und hilfreiches Feedback, das auch bei diesem Update wieder eine wichtige Stütze für uns war.
Hi

""Fixed a bug where extended game options weren’t editable using a gamepad""

The problem is mouse not gamepad.
You should test the game before publishing.
Nice to see a dev here!

I think it is save to say that at least the Linux version of the game suffers from savegame issues, as multiple people have reported them here.
1. The game hangs when you try to delete a save.
2. Savegames become corrupted and the game helpfully tells us that we can delete the savegame. At least killing the game while it is affected by 1. seems to be a pretty reliable way to end up with corrupted saves. It also seems to happen under some other unknown circumstances.

Please have a look at those, savegame corruption is very annoying and in this case it is easy to reproduce.
I have seen this with version 1.12 btw., did not try with 1.13 yet.

3. I have also seen random segfaults, but not too often. Sometimes after a couple of hours, but also within five minutes.

Oh, and two small feature requests:
4. Savegames seems to be listed somewhat randomly, but it would be more convenient to have the latest ones on top.
5. Please follow: https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html
Post edited May 09, 2020 by hollunder
I am confused.

When I look in the main menu or at the properties of the game exe file it shows that I currently have version 1.12.0.25598 and not 1.13.0.25785. But GOG Galaxy tells me that the game ist up to date. If I download and install patch_railway_empire_1.12.0.25598_(36754)_to_1.13.0.25785_(37787).exe and patch_railway_empire_1.12.0.25598_(36754)_to_1.13.0.25785_(37787)-1.bin the updater tells me also that the update is already installed and aborts the process.

Am I the only one with this issue?
steamworksamurai: I am confused.

When I look in the main menu or at the properties of the game exe file it shows that I currently have version 1.12.0.25598 and not 1.13.0.25785. But GOG Galaxy tells me that the game ist up to date. If I download and install patch_railway_empire_1.12.0.25598_(36754)_to_1.13.0.25785_(37787).exe and patch_railway_empire_1.12.0.25598_(36754)_to_1.13.0.25785_(37787)-1.bin the updater tells me also that the update is already installed and aborts the process.

Am I the only one with this issue?
The in-game version number wasn't updated. I think if the game advertises the new Ireland DLC you have this new version.
However, there was another bugfix released on Steam more than a week ago that apparently still hasn't made it to GOG.
I can't start a sandbox or free mode game of Australia with the settlement option active. Doing so just throws me back to the main menu. I was hoping that the latest patch might fix that. But since we poor second grade (DRM-free) customers still have to wait for the latest patch, there is hope! : D

Thank you for your feedback and the clarification!
I need to know. game is showing 1.12.0.2558
and not 1.13 as should be.

Anyone can help me with this?
Everytime I get the message from GOG the game is updated
Some news when update will be fixed ?
There is an update already in testing @GoG (sent today). So there will be an update sooner than later.
Contents can already been viewed, who is interested on our official Discord, or the Kalypso Media Blog, in the Changelog category, to be found on the right side.

-cheers
Let's hope we can finally play Down Under in free mode with the settlement option enabled.
So it updated for me and it fixed all the problems I was having. You can place settlements Down Unda and the guy now talks to you. You can set the advanced settings and the auction house works again. So thank you developers for letting us get our train on. Much appreciated.

One question for everyone though, are storm clouds supposed to have lightning in 'em or just make thunder sounds?