It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Downloaded and installed the game. I ran the shell script gog_psychonauts2.0.0.4.sh. It seemed to complete normally. with the GUI screen saying "Finished." Icons appeared on my desktop for the game and language selection. When I double clicked on the game icon nothing happened except a brief screen flicker. I found the game directory and tried starting the game in terminal by manually running the shell script start.sh. I can post the screen output from the terminal session if necessary. The last line seems a bit ominous, "./start.sh: line 16: 5173 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Psychonauts" " Got the same result running as myself and as su.

I've also tried the uninstall script with no luck. It runs but nothing gets deleted.
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
williemctell: The last line seems a bit ominous, "./start.sh: line 16: 5173 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Psychonauts" " Got the same result running as myself and as su.
Don't run games as root. From the game page:
Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxcb1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libglu1:i386

Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only
You can also try an ldd on the binary if you think you have those.

You may need to add i386 if you haven't already (these do need root privileges):
sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
Post edited January 15, 2018 by Gydion
williemctell: Downloaded and installed the game. I ran the shell script gog_psychonauts2.0.0.4.sh. It seemed to complete normally. with the GUI screen saying "Finished." Icons appeared on my desktop for the game and language selection. When I double clicked on the game icon nothing happened except a brief screen flicker. I found the game directory and tried starting the game in terminal by manually running the shell script start.sh. I can post the screen output from the terminal session if necessary. The last line seems a bit ominous, "./start.sh: line 16: 5173 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Psychonauts" " Got the same result running as myself and as su.

I've also tried the uninstall script with no luck. It runs but nothing gets deleted.
Hi williemctell!

It's pretty difficult to tell what is at fault here without knowing more details, so it will be best if you contact our customer support team: https://support.gog.com/

Remember to include your system report - it can be generated by using a script that you can find in the installation path.
williemctell: The last line seems a bit ominous, "./start.sh: line 16: 5173 Segmentation fault (core dumped) ./"Psychonauts" " Got the same result running as myself and as su.
Gydion: Don't run games as root. From the game page:

Requires the following packages to be installed: libc6:i386 libasound2:i386 libasound2-data:i386 libasound2-plugins:i386 libstdc++6:i386 libx11-6:i386 libxcb1:i386 libxcursor1:i386 libxrandr2:i386 libglu1:i386

Notice: this game comes with a 32-bit binary only
Gydion: You can also try an ldd on the binary if you think you have those.

You may need to add i386 if you haven't already (these do need root privileges):

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386
sudo apt-get update
Gydion:
Hi I am trying to run this game on Linux mint 19, I did as you said and installed all those libraries and the game works now but the sound is terrible, every time there is any sound or music or voice, there is this very loud static noise at the same time always and its just terrible, any suggestions.
cgr37712: ...but the sound is terrible, every time there is any sound or music or voice, there is this very loud static noise at the same time always and its just terrible, any suggestions.
Just the obvious:
linuxvangog: It's pretty difficult to tell what is at fault here without knowing more details, so it will be best if you contact our customer support team: https://support.gog.com/