It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
Difficult-y Delivery

Alright. “following weeks” turned into “months” and we went underground to make sure the next time we wrote something was precisely when announcing the new patch. Which in hindsight wasn’t the best idea as this resulted in the longest spell of silence on our end.

In short – we planned poorly, eventually so did the Q&A and this amounted to a torrent of things that needed to be incorporated at the same time. Which lead to cycles of bug squashing, resubmitting and reworking that seemed to never end. Until yesterday.

So: The patch is launching today.

Without further ado:

v1.0.1.0 Changelog

Features
- Added new difficulty level

Improvements
- Balanced the starting area of E1M1
- Balanced the after-elevator-area in E1M1 after getting the yellow key
- Improved the hitbox of Ceiling Decorations in Medieval setting
- Improved the hitbox of the Street Lamps in Industrial setting
- Adjusted the time before "press any key" is activated after a level is finished
- Adjusted thorn bushes in Cemetery to better show its damage state and to minimize confusion
- Adjusted font size in difficulty description window
- Changed the Hardcore Difficulty icon in Difficulty menu to fit the achievements icon

Bugs
- Fixed a bug where CRT shader settings would not save between the levels
- Fixed a bug where look would not work on a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where the player could not view the stages info in the roadmap with the controller
- Fixed a bug where the player could not buy perks with the controller
- Fixed a bug where the player could not select pause menu options after death
- Fixed a bug where "Controls" title would not be translated to other languages in main menu
- Fixed a bug where value for "Curve" in CRT Shader would not display properly
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to bring up the Main Menu while loading the game
- Fixed an exploit where enemies could boost the player up to skip the red key in E2M1
- Fixed a bug where enemies could not enter the tunnel in E2M1
- Fixed a bug where the game would render unresponsive due to pause menu when alt+tabbing the game in the pre-mission screen
- Fixed a small texture flicker in E5M9
- Fixed a bug where player score would not be properly displayed at intermission screen
- Fixed a bug where grave decorations that are not destroyable would have collision with the player
- Fixed texture flicker in E5M1 for the secret doors
- Fixed a misplaced wall texture in E1M2
- Fixed missing wall textures in E5M2
- Fixed a bug where gallery tab would not close the previously opened art on pressing the "esc" button
- Fixed the missing minimap in E5M11
- Fixed a bug where camera would clip through lava in E5M11
- Removed redundant double "You Died" message on death
- Fixed a bug where the minigun turret would not attack the evil seal
- Fixed a visual bug where the firelance would not display the VFX correctly when aimed to the sky
- Fixed an UI selection bug for the confirmation window when buying upgrades
- Fixed various blockers where the player would not be able to get out of a room when the player got over the wall through collision exploits in E5
- Fixed a bug where the evil seal would not be visible from its other side
- Fixed a bug where player would be moved up upon collision with enemies
BuckshotSoftware: Snip!
And here I was, thinking I should re-play this game again, guess this gives me more incentive! Thanks for the update :D
Post edited May 17, 2019 by mmodri
Hell yeah finally. Great to see you're still alive. Also great to have this new patch. But please for future updates be more active when it comes to talking to your customers (here and on Steam). People where already starting to worry if Buckshot Software is dead etc.
thx! time to replay!
Ahh thankyou!!

I was getting annoyed at switching the invert mouse settings like you wouldn't believe!

Looks like I'm playing this and Blood ALLLLL DAYYY.

Also does anyone have any tips on defeating the first boss? I get rekt everytime.
awesome stuff! Is there a stat screen or way to see how many secrets there are in the map yet (preferably while playing that map)?
xxxIndyxxx: awesome stuff! Is there a stat screen or way to see how many secrets there are in the map yet (preferably while playing that map)?
Hi!

not yet, we are working on the next update already.

Best Wishes
Jakub
BuckshotSoftware: Difficult-y Delivery

Alright. “following weeks” turned into “months” and we went underground to make sure the next time we wrote something was precisely when announcing the new patch. Which in hindsight wasn’t the best idea as this resulted in the longest spell of silence on our end.

In short – we planned poorly, eventually so did the Q&A and this amounted to a torrent of things that needed to be incorporated at the same time. Which lead to cycles of bug squashing, resubmitting and reworking that seemed to never end. Until yesterday.

So: The patch is launching today.

Without further ado:

v1.0.1.0 Changelog

Features
- Added new difficulty level

Improvements
- Balanced the starting area of E1M1
- Balanced the after-elevator-area in E1M1 after getting the yellow key
- Improved the hitbox of Ceiling Decorations in Medieval setting
- Improved the hitbox of the Street Lamps in Industrial setting
- Adjusted the time before "press any key" is activated after a level is finished
- Adjusted thorn bushes in Cemetery to better show its damage state and to minimize confusion
- Adjusted font size in difficulty description window
- Changed the Hardcore Difficulty icon in Difficulty menu to fit the achievements icon

Bugs
- Fixed a bug where CRT shader settings would not save between the levels
- Fixed a bug where look would not work on a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where the player could not view the stages info in the roadmap with the controller
- Fixed a bug where the player could not buy perks with the controller
- Fixed a bug where the player could not select pause menu options after death
- Fixed a bug where "Controls" title would not be translated to other languages in main menu
- Fixed a bug where value for "Curve" in CRT Shader would not display properly
- Fixed a bug where it was possible to bring up the Main Menu while loading the game
- Fixed an exploit where enemies could boost the player up to skip the red key in E2M1
- Fixed a bug where enemies could not enter the tunnel in E2M1
- Fixed a bug where the game would render unresponsive due to pause menu when alt+tabbing the game in the pre-mission screen
- Fixed a small texture flicker in E5M9
- Fixed a bug where player score would not be properly displayed at intermission screen
- Fixed a bug where grave decorations that are not destroyable would have collision with the player
- Fixed texture flicker in E5M1 for the secret doors
- Fixed a misplaced wall texture in E1M2
- Fixed missing wall textures in E5M2
- Fixed a bug where gallery tab would not close the previously opened art on pressing the "esc" button
- Fixed the missing minimap in E5M11
- Fixed a bug where camera would clip through lava in E5M11
- Removed redundant double "You Died" message on death
- Fixed a bug where the minigun turret would not attack the evil seal
- Fixed a visual bug where the firelance would not display the VFX correctly when aimed to the sky
- Fixed an UI selection bug for the confirmation window when buying upgrades
- Fixed various blockers where the player would not be able to get out of a room when the player got over the wall through collision exploits in E5
- Fixed a bug where the evil seal would not be visible from its other side
- Fixed a bug where player would be moved up upon collision with enemies
Good to see this.
xxxIndyxxx: awesome stuff! Is there a stat screen or way to see how many secrets there are in the map yet (preferably while playing that map)?
BuckshotSoftware: Hi!

not yet, we are working on the next update already.

Best Wishes
Jakub
Awesome! Keep up the great work! This is still one of my favorite games of last year!
I'm sorry to write that, but hard difficulty has been too easy. there was 1 point when I had so many life points and damage from enemies was still so low I didnt have to worry about damage. Sorry, but hard difficulty has been disappointing. Its a fun game, but still lacks challenge
Post edited May 25, 2019 by Doug162
Dope! Thanks for your job, just quickly tried hard mode, seems perfect. Will give more feedback later

edit: yeah feels just right, just killed 1st boss and completed first lvl from 2nd chapter ; situations are really nice, avoiding, hiding, playing smart or full berserker in moments (never felt that in past save, was oneshoting everything and advancing only @ hard diff). I even feel more of an agressive feeling when you shoot, dunno where's that coming from. You nailed it!
Post edited June 01, 2019 by EXXCE
Super glad to see this update, especially the new difficulty which is just about exactly what I have been hoping for since release. I've been meaning to go through this another time or two and this is the perfect excuse.
Nice to see this game getting regular updates.
Any news on the field of view option, though?
Is there a fix for display settings resetting on every load?

Edit: nvm thought this was a new patch since it was on the top but it was just bumped. So no to my question
Post edited June 03, 2019 by Dhise
Finished it on the new difficulty, and it was a blast. Had a few problems still, but just that one change has really dramatically improved the game in my opinion.

- screwy aiming on some projectiles, especially dynamite and rocket launcher, and really noticeable with the hitscan rocket upgrade, where some movement seems to just throw the momentum physics all to hell and make the dynamite almost hitscan fast or cause my hitscan rocketlauncher to constantly be firing like far off to the left of my screen until i put it away and pull it back out. dont remember having this problem in earlier patches but it may have been

- final boss has insanely too much health now, maybe just from the difficulty, but if you don't go in with full health, mana, ammo, and sammoner, i honestly dont see how you could finish it. this is aggravated by the fact that the hang-on-final-boss-kill glitch is still present, and if i try to do single-level on that fight to complete it, i'm now spawning with no resources

- frozen shatter kills/fire damage kills/overkill damage gibs seem to not skip phase changes on a lot of minibosses now, especially noticeable in the city maps with the giant robots. i seem to remember using freeze and fire damage to skip their phases, and maybe its an intentional change to nerf fire damage and hitscan rockets, but on the other hand the Hell minibosses are all still susceptible to it, so it may have been a bug.