It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I am trying to launch Prison Architect under MacOS Ventura 13.1 but keep getting "PrisonArchitect is damaged and can't be opened".

I have spotted a similar old thread on here but the solutions there don't work any more as the security options and preference panels have changed.

Has anyone managed to successfully run a dog downloaded Prison Architect under MacOS 13.1 and if so what did you do?

Cheers

Rich
I was able to run PA by verifying the game in the GOG launcher, granting the permission to modify apps, and then verifying the game again.
unbeatable101: I was able to run PA by verifying the game in the GOG launcher, granting the permission to modify apps, and then verifying the game again.
This isn't working for me. I have granted GOG Galaxy the permission to modify apps. Was there anything else you did?

UPDATE: after reading the Mac error report, I found the file it was looking for and copied it to a place where it could find it. If you're comfortable with the MacOS OS, give it a try if nothing else works.

-----
My solution... right click on the Prison Architect.app, Show Package Contents, click on Contents, click on MacOS, copy the libpops_api.dylib file, paste it in /usr/local/lib which is one of the error paths in the MacOS error message. Game will launch now. I don't think your average user would be able to figure this out... what are the chances this will get fixed? I think the game is EOL now, no?
Post edited November 01, 2023 by MatrixRaven