It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad, and I set up the controls so the prince would move around using the left analog stick. My problem is that the prince walks slowly when I move him forward, but when I move in any other direction, he runs. Otherwise, when he goes forward, he walks. Anyone know a solution to this problem?

Edit: Ha ha ha! The batteries were low on power. When I changed them, the problem was solved. XD
Post edited October 10, 2012 by AegisRunestone
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Nevermind, it's doing it again. Anyone know what's wrong? :(
Same problem, no solution yet
shovas: Same problem, no solution yet
I found that rotating my batteries in my controller fixes the issue for a bit. I think it's a problem with the specific controller because it shows up for AC1 as well. :/
Post edited November 19, 2012 by AegisRunestone
ah too bad I have a wired controller with this issue...
It's not a controller specific issue, I've tried with different controllers and found the same effect in PoP 2008 and all the AC games.

The problem is with the drivers for the Xbox 360 controllers: you can't configurate important settings like gamepad sensitivity. In PoP 2008 the sensitivity is simply too low for the game to respond correctly so the Prince moves forward slower. Sadly there is no solutions I'm aware of to adjust this setting but here's what we can do:

- Download the program called Xpadder. This is a small freeware utility that maps your buttons on the keyboard to your controller.
- Set up a profile for your controller
- Map the "W" button (the keyboard button for forward movement) to the forward motion of the left analog stick
- Open the settings of the left analog stick and set the deadzone to a very high number (90% worked for me). This is for not losing the walk ability and other slower paced movement in the game.

Now things will work how they should: because of the high deadzone you'll still be able to walk and slowly run forward but if you push the analog stick all the way forward the Prince will run at full speed.

I've attached a picture to see how things should look like.
Attachments:
pop.jpg (131 Kb)
Post edited April 23, 2013 by Sance231
^ Is Xpadder still free? I tried looking for it but it doesn't seem to be free anymore :(

Also, does this method still preserve the precision of the analogue stick? Or is it essentially the same as controlling the Prince with the eight directions possible with WASD?
Jennifer: ^ Is Xpadder still free? I tried looking for it but it doesn't seem to be free anymore :(

Also, does this method still preserve the precision of the analogue stick? Or is it essentially the same as controlling the Prince with the eight directions possible with WASD?
Just saw that it's not free anymore. :( Anyway the problem is apparently called "slow turn" and it's a manufacturing error. To fix this you have to modify your controller a bit physically, I found a video about how to do it:
[url=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2NA0hY1kYE[/url]

And to answer your question the semi-solution I suggested preserves the precision of the stick because you only use the W button from the keyboard and you set the deadzone incredibly high. Imagine it like this: when you push the left stick all the way forward xpadder presses W for you, the button for full speed forward movement. In every other situation Xpadder does nothing and affects gameplay in no way because you've only configured one button.
Post edited May 19, 2013 by Sance231
^ Thanks, that was an interesting video :) I don't want to risk breaking my controller though. Sands of Time is the only game that does this (I don't experience the "slow walk" on any other PC or 360 games), and the OP experiences the same problem with a different brand of gamepad, so I still think it's something specifically wrong with Sands of Time.

Is there any way to edit how sensitive Sands of Time is with walk versus run? I tried looking in the ini file and don't see any sections regarding controls.
Jennifer: ^ Thanks, that was an interesting video :) I don't want to risk breaking my controller though. Sands of Time is the only game that does this (I don't experience the "slow walk" on any other PC or 360 games), and the OP experiences the same problem with a different brand of gamepad, so I still think it's something specifically wrong with Sands of Time.

Is there any way to edit how sensitive Sands of Time is with walk versus run? I tried looking in the ini file and don't see any sections regarding controls.
Sands of Time, Warrior Within and Two Thrones are easy because there is a setting called "gamepad sensitivity" in all of them and that's not for camera speed but for the actual analog stick sensitivity. If you set it right your movement speed will be perfect, you just have to experiment a little to find out the right settings.

I did what's in the video because I had a lot of games where I had this problem with my Xbox 360 pad:

- Prince of Persia 2008
- All the Assassin's Creeed Games until AC3
- Saints Row 3
- Brutal Legend

And the list goes on. Only newer games don't have this problem because developers actually started to realize that this is an issue with a lot of 360 pads so usually the sticks are a bit more sensitive in today's games.

It was fairly easy to do what's in the video honestly as I have a wired controller (it's recommended to use a wired pad, wireless ones tend to be a little of in responsiveness). Of course you have to remove the warranty sticker to get out all the screws but it was no issue for me as my 1 year warranty already expired. You just have to carve off 1-2 mm plastic, that's all. You can't really break your controller if you don't mess up something really bad as a controller is basically just a circuit board in a plastic case. :)

If you only experience this issue in Sands of Time and you have a newer pad than the game then most likely it has nothing to do with the controller, you just have to set things up in the controller settings.
Post edited May 19, 2013 by Sance231
^ I couldn't find a setting for gamepad sensitivity anywhere in the Sands of Time options, but I did a search for "Sands of Time gamepad sensitivity" and stumbled across this thread:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showpost.php?s=d7250430b5a14a929fa5f85e574ed4fc&p=33761345&postcount=8

That completely fixed the issue for me :D
Yes, just checked and you're right, no setting for sensitivity in SoT. Well that's a shame but now I remember that I played only WW and T2T by using the built in controller support and I made up a half solution for SoT: I only mapped the camera controls in the game and the rest was handled by Xpadder.