It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

This game should have never been released on GOG in the state it came out back in 2008. As most of you may know the game was a huge flop on PC because back in the day DRM free meant "it's okay to pirate it" instead of "thanks, I'll support this company". As a result patches never came to the platform and the Epilogue DLC was never released on PC, Ubi just abandoned the game like it was the plague.

And this is where the problems come in: PoP 2008 shipped with a giant memory leak that makes performance worse and worse as times goes by + the CPU utilization is not good at all so even until the effects of the leak kicks in it can dip below 60 fps even on an older i7. You can also face lots of small bugs here and there, sometimes voice acting audio will cut off near the end of sentences etc.

The bottom line: fuck Ubisoft for not caring about the port anymore, 9 years should have been enough for fixing the issues and releasing that goddamn DLC. Also shame on GOG for allowing faulty products like this one being sold on their store.
Post edited October 30, 2017 by Sance231
I witnessed this issue, at times framerate would cut in half; disabled in-game v-sync and enabled v-sync and triple buffering via D3DOverrider, and it got much better, at worst it dropped to 54 fps and only for a very short time.
Sance231: This game should have never been released on GOG in the state it came out back in 2008. As most of you may know the game was a huge flop on PC because back in the day DRM free meant "it's okay to pirate it" instead of "thanks, I'll support this company". As a result patches never came to the platform and the Epilogue DLC was never released on PC, Ubi just abandoned the game like it was the plague.

And this is where the problems come in: PoP 2008 shipped with a giant memory leak that makes performance worse and worse as times goes by + the CPU utilization is not good at all so even until the effects of the leak kicks in it can dip below 60 fps even on an older i7. You can also face lots of small bugs here and there, sometimes voice acting audio will cut off near the end of sentences etc.

The bottom line: fuck Ubisoft for not caring about the port anymore, 9 years should have been enough for fixing the issues and releasing that goddamn DLC. Also shame on GOG for allowing faulty products like this one being sold on their store.
Didn't have a single issue with this game. I can only support your statement that it's a shame the DLC was never released for PC.
SuperSwarley: Didn't have a single issue with this game. I can only support your statement that it's a shame the DLC was never released for PC.
I'm still running the disc version on my PC without any problems.

I don't consider the DLC canon, because it ruins the incredible ending of PoP 2008. I don't want to play that DLC. Yeah, I know, not many would say that, but it's how I feel about it. :|
I had no idea there was DLC for this game, thought it was kind of from a time before that.

Anyway the only performance issue I've seen is in cutscenes where the lips and audio are not syncing up.

My major issue is the horrible, disgusting, hateful, disturbing, awful, too responsive or not responsive enough camera. Spinning around while I'm running across a breakaway platform or trying to attack in a certain direction, it really should have a static camera. I keep putting the secondary one on, but the game likes to decide it has a better idea. I really like the gameplay, but this is definitely one of the most frustrating games I've ever played.

-Sorry, I'm dumb, I was talking about Sands of Time.
Still can't understand why remakes and reboots can't at least make a new title! Sands of Time was basically a remake and they gave it a subtitle to distinguish it apart from the original, and yes I confused them anyway. :P
Post edited May 11, 2018 by whatsnottaken