It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

+1 Thanks !!
As an update for anyone who is like me and using Windows 10 and a PS4 controller with DS4Windows and the Xinput Plus program above, and is still having a hard time figuring out why you can't seem to map the buttons on the controller, then here is why.

At least for me, unlike other people on the internet, when I click the box, it doesn't add the little flashing underscore and it doesn't take any inputs for the buttons to add them.

But double clicking the box seems to add the mouse button that you just pressed.

After deciding to just see if I could force it to take by doing a brute force tactic with holding the button on the controller while clicking, I found out that this is the way you're supposed to do it.

Again though, at least for me on the GOG version of this game.

I can only assume it may work as well for other controllers such as an official Xbox controller and such.

So to put it simply for all you new people out there coming across this post to try and get an answer to how to get a controller like the Xbox 360 controller to work and how to assign the inputs, simply follow the guide above to get Xinput Plus set up, then when going to assign buttons in the settings of the game, simply hold down the button on the controller, then double click the slot to assign it. And that's all there is to it.

Unfortunately for me however, it seems as though the camera stick is wonky and only works moving from left to right and doesn't give a crap about up and down. Also, whenever I use the look button to go into first person mode, even though I changed the settings accordingly in Xinput Plus, it goes first person and looks straight up and I can't move it around. (I am referring to the trigger since this is what I've designated as the look button. and I am referring to the settings that is supposed to be changed to make the trigger act as Dinput rather than Xinput)

Camera being weird also happens with any other camera button option I have assigned such as alternate view and such.

So if there's anyone who can give me some insight into what I have to fiddle with to get that working that would be great.

For the time being though, I can still play the game with the camera auto following my character which is playable enough when using a controller..... for now.
Post edited May 21, 2019 by xSimply1337x
The game has no actions bound for my gamepad (Xbox One), but I can't say if this was caused by applying the fix. I can't map anything either.

EDIT: Sorry, I see that this issue has been reported already. I searched the thread for "bound", not "map". Solved by the message above mine.
Post edited May 28, 2019 by African_wildlife
xSimply1337x: As an update for anyone who is like me and using Windows 10 and a PS4 controller with DS4Windows and the Xinput Plus program above, and is still having a hard time figuring out why you can't seem to map the buttons on the controller, then here is why.

At least for me, unlike other people on the internet, when I click the box, it doesn't add the little flashing underscore and it doesn't take any inputs for the buttons to add them.

But double clicking the box seems to add the mouse button that you just pressed.

After deciding to just see if I could force it to take by doing a brute force tactic with holding the button on the controller while clicking, I found out that this is the way you're supposed to do it.

Again though, at least for me on the GOG version of this game.

I can only assume it may work as well for other controllers such as an official Xbox controller and such.

So to put it simply for all you new people out there coming across this post to try and get an answer to how to get a controller like the Xbox 360 controller to work and how to assign the inputs, simply follow the guide above to get Xinput Plus set up, then when going to assign buttons in the settings of the game, simply hold down the button on the controller, then double click the slot to assign it. And that's all there is to it.

Unfortunately for me however, it seems as though the camera stick is wonky and only works moving from left to right and doesn't give a crap about up and down. Also, whenever I use the look button to go into first person mode, even though I changed the settings accordingly in Xinput Plus, it goes first person and looks straight up and I can't move it around. (I am referring to the trigger since this is what I've designated as the look button. and I am referring to the settings that is supposed to be changed to make the trigger act as Dinput rather than Xinput)

Camera being weird also happens with any other camera button option I have assigned such as alternate view and such.

So if there's anyone who can give me some insight into what I have to fiddle with to get that working that would be great.

For the time being though, I can still play the game with the camera auto following my character which is playable enough when using a controller..... for now.
Thanks for this, I was trying to figure out how to get a PS4 pad to work on Win 7. I think the 3rd person camera not moving up and down might be by design; I've seen some playthrough videos and they also don't look up and down in 3rd person (this might be why they give you different view options?).

Btw I haven't altered the setting to make the trigger act as Dinput rather than Xinput, and the 1st-person view works fine.
I managed to make it work with DS4Windows and Xinput Plus. In addition to doing the steps in the opening post at p.4 I didn't just enable DirectInput, but also ticked Disable Xinput (maybe it's in Advanced section of that tab).

Without it there's a constant output from right analog stick for some reason that overrides any input from the controller you're trying to register on an action.

Wanna try the same trick with Soul Reaver actually...
Post edited January 16, 2021 by Cinzentos
Red-Shell-Robo: if anyone ever had any issues trying to use their Xbox 360\X-Input controller in Prince of Persia Sands of Time then

[url=http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time#Sensitivity_Issues_For_Xbox_360_and_Xinput_controllers]PCGamingWiki[/url] has a fix for that

here is how you make your Xbox 360 or any other X-Input controller work properly with Prince of Persia Sands of Time

1: Download XInput Plus

2: Set the target program to Pop.exe

3: Go to "Sticks", and change the "Rect Correction" slider from "0" to "1" (it doesn't say this but do it for both the left and right sticks to make the camera controls work smoother as well)

4: Go to "DirectInput" and check "Enable DirectInput Output"

5: Assign "LT/RT" to "Button 12/13"

6: (it doesn't say this either but make sure you go to "Settings" and then "Others" and then disable "Enable Init Beep" otherwise every time you start up the game there will be a rather loud beep noise)

7: Press apply, this will install a dll file in game's folder (which will be automatically used when you start the game).

(Disclaimer: i did not create this fix i simply found out about it on PCGamingWiki i just thought i'd make a topic about this fix so more people can know about it)

Edit: i am suddenly able to post links in my GOG Forum posts. SWEET

Edit 2: i attached some pictures to this post showing how to set up XInput Plus for Prince of Persia Sands of Time in case people are having a hard time understanding how to do it
This is awesome!!!
Thank you so much for the solution.
Good to know there is an adequate tool for that.
I just use a pad from that era :) with square stick movement.