It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just wondering why people aren't so enthusiastic for it. I am right to think the original is considered a classic, right?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
high rated
temps: Just wondering why people aren't so enthusiastic for it. I am right to think the original is considered a classic, right?
I think the rating is kind of caused by Beamdog.
I'm pretty certain the original was rated better.
The Enhanced Edition changed pretty much nothing (that you could not also fix via mods), but more than doubled the price. And with the release of the Enhanced Edition the original was removed.
Hence you have pissed off people rating it 1 star and people rating it 5 stars because the game is great.

Incidentally it's on sale right now, so the price thing is not that relevant in my opinion.
V0idhead: And with the release of the Enhanced Edition the original was removed.
But we also have to remember that the original is still added to the library if you buy the Enhanced Edtion. :)
PS:T is also the story and roleplaying-heavy sibling of the Infinity Engine games. It's combat system is fairly light compared to the other IE games, and some players just don't have the patience to read a lot of descriptive text. To each their own, but in my opinion, PS:T still has one of the most engrossing and thought-provoking stories I've ever encountered in a CRPG, and I've been gaming for over 30 years now.
What's wrong with a classic game having a low score? If more people are playing the game the more people can be disappointed by it. That's why Original War have high score becouse only hardocre fans know about it. I can bet that if like 1 milion more people played the game then score would be lower.
temps: Just wondering why people aren't so enthusiastic for it. I am right to think the original is considered a classic, right?
V0idhead: I think the rating is kind of caused by Beamdog.
^^this

My reaction too was:
"Why do they bash a 5/5 game (giving it a bad rating) when what they really want to do is bashing Beamdog..."

Being one of the commodore veterans myself, I think I am in the position to say that this game is one of a kind. It is not even comparable to Baldur's Gate and if you can still read books in 2021 and do not fear walls of text, i.e. when the walls are worth reading, you simply must not miss this one.

It is sad to know that this great game will be missed by some new gamers now, just because some of us wanted to give Beamdog a bad rating and did not find another way of doing it.
Post edited November 14, 2021 by Twaeit
V0idhead: I think the rating is kind of caused by Beamdog.
Twaeit: ^^this

My reaction too was:
"Why do they bash a 5/5 game (giving it a bad rating) when what they really want to do is bashing Beamdog..."

Being one of the commodore veterans myself, I think I am in the position to say that this game is one of a kind. It is not even comparable to Baldur's Gate and if you can still read books in 2021 and do not fear walls of text, i.e. when the walls are worth reading, you simply must not miss this one.

It is sad to know that this great game will be missed by some new gamers now, just because some of us wanted to give Beamdog a bad rating and did not find another way of doing it.
Because you don't rate the game itself in its original condition, but rather the crap that BeamDog has done to it.
That Craig Girl: Because you don't rate the game itself in its original condition, but rather the crap that BeamDog has done to it.
what kind of crap exactly they've done to PST?
"original condition" looool