It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

It seems there's not standalone patch for linux which is terrible already but I noticed that the size of the new installer is only 7gb whereas the previous version was 20gb?! Are you still making the same rookie mistake you did hours after launch by providing the wrong download link for linux?
I noticed this as well. The site lists the installer as 20GB but both Firefox and lgogdownloader report that it's a 7GB download.
Currently downloading despite my doubts.
teerl: I noticed this as well. The site lists the installer as 20GB but both Firefox and lgogdownloader report that it's a 7GB download.
Don't bother, it gives an error before even beginning the installation process. Making the same mistake twice in a rwo is ridiculous. Now we just have to wait for them to notice, apologize and fix it, hopefully today.
Hehe, that's funny it happened twice :-)
BTW, will there be updates to reduce the required D/L bandwidth ?
Once the problem is fixed, once downloaded, should I overwrite everything or uninstall & reinstall ?
Cheers !
So... how about an actual patch instead of a massive file that doesn't even work?

I'm thinking a named Imp from the game is running things over here.
teerl: I noticed this as well. The site lists the installer as 20GB but both Firefox and lgogdownloader report that it's a 7GB download.
crustache: Don't bother, it gives an error before even beginning the installation process. Making the same mistake twice in a rwo is ridiculous. Now we just have to wait for them to notice, apologize and fix it, hopefully today.
That's pretty inconvenient especially because I didn't even get a chance to fully download the previous 20GB file. I'm starting to regret redeeming my backer copy on GoG.
crustache: Don't bother, it gives an error before even beginning the installation process. Making the same mistake twice in a rwo is ridiculous. Now we just have to wait for them to notice, apologize and fix it, hopefully today.
teerl: That's pretty inconvenient especially because I didn't even get a chance to fully download the previous 20GB file. I'm starting to regret redeeming my backer copy on GoG.
Damn it means you can't even play the game like everyone who didn't download the game before the patch... My next game will be on steam for sure.
teerl: That's pretty inconvenient especially because I didn't even get a chance to fully download the previous 20GB file. I'm starting to regret redeeming my backer copy on GoG.
crustache: Damn it means you can't even play the game like everyone who didn't download the game before the patch... My next game will be on steam for sure.
Agreed,
crustache: (...)
teerl: (...)
mahen_fr: (...)
Pangaea666: (...)
Hello everyone!

You have my sincere apologies. It turns out we fell prey to the same issue in our uploading process as before. We'll make sure it doesn't happen again and we're re-uploading the game build right now.

EDIT:

A small game patch should be also available for download soon, so you folks won't have to download the entire game.
Post edited May 18, 2018 by linuxvangog
linuxvangog: A small game patch should be also available for download soon, so you folks won't have to download the entire game.
Thank you for the patch, but there seems to be a problem with it:

# ls -lha patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 5,0M May 18 13:58 patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
# sh patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 16119adea4f153f7078f9b2d559b8d3c is different from 181b380eba0acbb34777642be4b8391d
Post edited May 18, 2018 by luctius
luctius: Thank you for the patch, but there seems to be a problem with it:

# ls -lha patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
-rw-r--r-- 1 user user 5,0M May 18 13:58 patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
# sh patch_pillars_of_eternity_ii_deadfire_en_gog_1_20581_to_v1_02_20822.sh
Verifying archive integrity...Error in MD5 checksums: 16119adea4f153f7078f9b2d559b8d3c is different from 181b380eba0acbb34777642be4b8391d
Please refresh your account and try again :)
linuxvangog: Please refresh your account and try again :)
Check, that worked. Apologies.