It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I could not start Partician 2 on my system. Tried everything
- Win95/98 comp mode
- administrator
- 640x480
- disable DEP for this exe
- disable everything via EMET

Allways the same message Application Error 0xc0000142 - see attached image.

Any idea?

My system:
i7 3770
32 GB Ram
GTX 980
Win 8.1 x64
Attachments:
GandalfTheWhite: Hi,

That error seems to be about incorrectly registered dll's, have you tried to download and install again, maybe your antivirus was interfering during the installation?

The other thing that might be off is your choice of win9x compatibility mode. P2 runs on XP and that is gog's minimum requirement for it. Should be quick to try at least, no clue how that could produce such an error.

And here I trail off with half remembered things about direct x being awful on 8.1 and everything is complicated and I don't know, ask support...

Hope you get it working (but P3 is much better).
Post edited July 14, 2015 by flickas
Hi,

thx for your reply. I have reinstalled the game - but that changed nothing at all. Also the "WinXp Mode" does not help me :-(.

Contacted the gog support - hopefully they can help me.

BTW: When I try to start the p2Setup.exe - there is another error. have a look at the atached images.
Attachments:
Post edited July 14, 2015 by GandalfTheWhite

thx for your reply. I have reinstalled the game - but that changed nothing at all. Also the "WinXp Mode" does not help me :-(.

Contacted the gog support - hopefully they can help me.

BTW: When I try to start the p2Setup.exe - there is another error. have a look at the atached images.
I wouldn't worry about the additional stuff until you get the game running, these errors are probably connected somehow. P2setup just tests your monitor/gpu to see which resolutions they're capable of. Not sure running it once is even required.

If this were my computer I'd slowly start to panic about some hardware failing with all these generic errors. But thats not backed by any knowledge.

- Win95/98 comp mode
- administrator
- 640x480

Any idea?

My system:
i7 3770
32 GB Ram
GTX 980
Win 8.1 x64
Just in case you are still monitoring your thread: I had a very similar problem when starting Patrician 3 (which is an expanded version of P2) and found a solution. On an XP PC, unfortunately, so it may not work for you.
Nevertheless, here is what I did (in full detail, to help you understand how I got there).
At first I ran P3config (in the P3 folder), which is a tool to test P3 running under different resolutions. An error message was displayed telling me to disable DEP for P3config, which I did. After that, P3config ran fine. I tested the 1024x768 resolution (this is the resolution I'm normally using on this small laptop). This didn't change anything for the P3.exe. Then I exluded the P3.exe from the DEP and ran it again. Now a new error message came up saying that the 800x600 resolution didn't work. I used P3config again to test the 800x600 resolutions (32 and 16 bit colours). That done, P3 worked out of a sudden!
My only guess is that P3config doesn't simply test for compatiility with a certain resolution, but configures the game to work with that resolution.

Well, this may or may not work for you, but playing with DEP and P3config might be worth a try. Viel Glück!
Post edited November 10, 2015 by Greywolf1
Greywolf1: Now a new error message came up saying that the 800x600 resolution didn't work. I used P3config again to test the 800x600 resolutions (32 and 16 bit colours). That done, P3 worked out of a sudden!
The game menu is always shown in 800x600 resolution, so I think that's the source of this last error. I found the delay between the map screen and main menu annoying when I switched between them often. When I used 800x600x16 resolution in the game, there was no delay or screen flickering when I switched between map screen and main menu.

I recently debugged a couple Win 10 problems to get Patrician 3 running. I first used the automatic compatibility tool, which picked WIndows XP, and got it working.
Post edited December 25, 2015 by sneakcity

- Win95/98 comp mode
- administrator
- 640x480

Any idea?

My system:
i7 3770
32 GB Ram
GTX 980
Win 8.1 x64
Greywolf1: Just in case you are still monitoring your thread: I had a very similar problem when starting Patrician 3 (which is an expanded version of P2) and found a solution. On an XP PC, unfortunately, so it may not work for you.
Nevertheless, here is what I did (in full detail, to help you understand how I got there).
At first I ran P3config (in the P3 folder), which is a tool to test P3 running under different resolutions. An error message was displayed telling me to disable DEP for P3config, which I did. After that, P3config ran fine. I tested the 1024x768 resolution (this is the resolution I'm normally using on this small laptop). This didn't change anything for the P3.exe. Then I exluded the P3.exe from the DEP and ran it again. Now a new error message came up saying that the 800x600 resolution didn't work. I used P3config again to test the 800x600 resolutions (32 and 16 bit colours). That done, P3 worked out of a sudden!
My only guess is that P3config doesn't simply test for compatiility with a certain resolution, but configures the game to work with that resolution.

Well, this may or may not work for you, but playing with DEP and P3config might be worth a try. Viel Glück!
I can confirm that turning off DEP for "Patrician 2.exe" works for me. Thanks!