Changelog for Update 1.2.24644 (added 30 May 2019):
Technically this is the third patch, but the previous two were more like hotfixes, while this is a Big One. This patch mostly focused on logical and quest-related errors. We’re still working on improving performance, stability, memory usage, and fixing spikes, and you’ll see some results next week. Although some memory-related issues were fixed in this patch already!
- improved memory usage (loading and relaunching the game now requires less memory);
- lowered the amount of memory required by the shader cache;
- lowered video memory usage.
- improved corpsmen behavior a bit;
- plague clouds are now better at despawning;
- NPCs react faster when someone attacks their allies;
- fixed soldier animations (they correlate better with their behavior patterns now);
- fixed NPC behavior upon surrendering;
- improved NPC navigation;
- fixed the lack of fighting animations for some NPCs in rare quest-related situations.
Quest and Logic Fixes:
- (NB!) crucial items no longer have a chance to disappear upon the player leaving the Abattoir;
- fixed an unfortunate bug that made all items disappear from the player’s hideout;
- fixed the start and end conditions for some quests (e.g., Saburov will no longer try to capture you after he’s done with trying to capture you);
- fixed the issues with the quest about Father’s house;
- in the quest that has you barter with the townsfolk, the game now correctly displays the fact that it improves your reputation;
- some quest-related items now properly disappear when their time is due instead of lingering in the game world;
- fixed some unfortunate phrases and name errors;
- fixed the bug that made some doors lock on you in quest-related situations;
- fixed some dialogue condition errors;
- fixed the wrong thoughts (and in the game).
- NPCs are now better at following the player with their faces and eyes;
- minor fixes to women’s movement;
- minor fixes to facial animations;
- more natural poses in some dialogue animations;
- soldiers’ aiming is no longer jerky.
- burned people now produce prettier smoke;
- some characters no longer float above their designated places (happy landing);
- improved the shadows on Aglaya’s face;
- improved the look of fire (and made it less bright);
- minor collision fixes;
- fixed visual glitches on fences;
- improved the shadows cast by table lamps;
- the lighting in the Lump has become slightly prettier;
- improved the overall quality of indoor lighting, especially through doorways;
- fixed the village quay;
- now some detailed models load from further away (making the game a bit prettier);
- fixed jerky camera movement;
- partially fixed the incorrect blood particles upon hitting the opponent;
- the grass now looks more even from afar;
- fixed the look of the crosses drawn on doors;
- fixed the blinking tooltips on the map (happened when the cursor was placed on a character portrait);
- fixed trembling dialogue options (it was a bug, not a compelling storytelling technique).
- audio balance generally improved;
- restored music to the Crucible (Victor’s wing);
- improved revolver and rifle sounds;
- added music to the Nutshell.
- made a single notch of the gamma slider twice as small, meaning it’s now easier to fine-tune it;
- added VSync options to the graphic settings, that allows to set the FPS to ½, ⅓, or ¼ of you display refresh rate (improves performance at the cost of FPS);
- fixed the bug on the “Load Game” screen that made the Load and Delete Save buttons active even in the absence of a valid save;
- stealth is now active for the duration of the button being pressed, not toggled;
Please keep in mind that patches have a time lag: not all errors that we’re aware of have already been fixed. But whatever is not in this patch, is coming soon in future ones!
Standalone installers updated 03 June 2019.