It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A couple of individuals on Reddit are reporting that at some point during the 1.2.5 or 1.2.5d patch new abilities/options were added to some classes (namely Magus and Alchemist), that are not documented in the changelog. Can anyone confirm whether this is true or not? I haven't seen any new Magus abilities myself, but I don't have the DLC enabled - hopefully that's not the reason.
glanced over classes and feats - nothing new there.
they probably refer to new spells added last DLC if I were to guess.
It sounds like the new abilities are available only if you purchased the DLC. That's a questionable decision in of itself (effectively 'if you pay more your character has more options' model of some MMO's), but keeping all this undocumented/hush hush is really disappointing..
Post edited March 06, 2019 by ithildur
ithildur: It sounds like the new abilities are available only if you purchased the DLC. That's a questionable decision in of itself (effectively 'if you pay more your character has more options' model of some MMO's), but keeping all this undocumented/hush hush is really disappointing..
I have a season pass. that should not be an issue. I will check it more.
ok. so.
Magus got himself limited metamagic feats that basically act like rods(3/day). Literally useless. Why would you.

Alchemist got himself some wings when he is under feral mutagen(that does eat 2 feats but w/e. bite with sneak attacks is good anyway), extend potion, and highten potion feats(unconditional and always on as far as I can tell). Basically straight up buffs to Vivisectionist who is bonkers now(even more so). I would consider 6-8 level vivisectionist dip on most anyone who has some int and plans to fight in melee and is not aasimar.
Post edited March 06, 2019 by InEffect
I'm more concerned/disappointed by the business model/decision than missing out on the individual abilities at this point. Very disappointed in how this was handled.
ithildur: I'm more concerned/disappointed by the business model/decision than missing out on the individual abilities at this point. Very disappointed in how this was handled.
it's not too different from how PnP and digital PnP platforms like roll20 do it. Although it would be better if they pushed at least some mechanical stuff in patches instead of making them a part of DLC.
On the other side should they do it it would bring problems in the future if they decide to sell a content pack with feats, class options and spells. People would be like "We used to get it for free! Greedy devs!"
Post edited March 06, 2019 by InEffect
This isn't WOTC/Paizo putting out a thick hardcover book on new classes/feats/spells with pages full of content (good or bad). The specific content in question is a very small amount of additional content (you implied it's barely worthwhile bothering with), not enough to charge money for itself in good conscience, but it's only available if you purchase a DLC that is not a feats/abilities/classes DLC. And they do it under the radar. That's annoying.

It's more comparable to a 3, 4 page pdf file update that even WOTC or Paizo could give away for free online, shoved into a different AP and ONLY useable if you buy the AP.

I have no problems buying (or considering buying) good, solid additional DLCs with substantive content (and already have). What I don't like is I HAVE TO buy a DLC just to get access to a handful of abilities slipped in under the radar, even if I have no interest in the rest of the DLC.

At least now I know what to expect going forward.
Post edited March 07, 2019 by ithildur
oh. What I meant it's like selling a module with a few new character options attached. That's reasonable enough if you look at it like that. I would prefer every dlc to come with substantial character option package kinda like the 1st one was and I'm sure I'm not alone on that.