It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I noticed there's been a lot of updates yesterday regarding the new hotfix and DLC on Linux, which is great since it's right on time. However i'm a bit confused, I don't see mentions of the different verzsions anywhere, yesterday morning we had a v 1.2.5b available, then it became 1.2.5c and now the main download for the game is v1.2.5d. What are the differences between these versions?
Post edited March 01, 2019 by crustache
Well now I see a 1.2.5d changelog, but that version is not available for download anymore on linux, stuck with 1.2.5c. What gives?
You are asking the wrong people.
crustache: Well now I see a 1.2.5d changelog, but that version is not available for download anymore on linux, stuck with 1.2.5c. What gives?
good for you!
I've downloaded patch 1.2.4 - 1.2.5 and it says "wrong version". And I have latest one installed.
Just bear with em. Also at least one time it was a win-specific patch, no linux/mac version was updated.
alcaray: You are asking the wrong people.
Well I am not sure how steam or owlcat can help me get the latest version from GOG... I cant see any download for 1.2.5d as of writing this message.
alcaray: You are asking the wrong people.
crustache: Well I am not sure how steam or owlcat can help me get the latest version from GOG... I cant see any download for 1.2.5d as of writing this message.
To quote Yoda: "There is another."

-edit- sorry. needlessly silly. Just open a support ticket if you want GOG to fix or know something. (Likely, however, GOG has lost patience with Owlcat's repetitive patching - again -)
Post edited March 02, 2019 by alcaray
crustache: Well I am not sure how steam or owlcat can help me get the latest version from GOG... I cant see any download for 1.2.5d as of writing this message.
alcaray: To quote Yoda: "There is another."

-edit- sorry. needlessly silly. Just open a support ticket if you want GOG to fix or know something. (Likely, however, GOG has lost patience with Owlcat's repetitive patching - again -)
Yeah I did open a ticket yesterday, for what it's worth. Annoyed or not at repetitive patching, it's GOG's job to provide the game for download and I hope they do it in a timely manner.
alcaray: To quote Yoda: "There is another."

crustache: ...it's GOG's job to provide the game for download and I hope they do it in a timely manner.
There's a thread from a few months ago where the current patch disappeared, then came back, then was superceded by a new patch, then disappeared again. GOG made the effort to put it back but said they would not do it any more. So if you need the current version then you download the complete install and hope Owlcat gets their shit together and stops the practice of patching the patches of the patches of the patches that keep breaking things.

I can't say that GOG is at that point with the current SNAFU, so you should wait and hear what they have to say about it.
crustache: Yeah I did open a ticket yesterday, for what it's worth.
As a fellow Linux user, thanks for that. I meant to open one as well, but their report tools is such an invasion of privacy I ended up giving up. And you can't not upload one when you create a ticket, even for something where it's obviously 100% irrelevant. What do they need my list of filesystems to fix a missing update?
crustache: ...it's GOG's job to provide the game for download and I hope they do it in a timely manner.
alcaray: There's a thread from a few months ago where the current patch disappeared, then came back, then was superceded by a new patch, then disappeared again. GOG made the effort to put it back but said they would not do it any more. So if you need the current version then you download the complete install and hope Owlcat gets their shit together and stops the practice of patching the patches of the patches of the patches that keep breaking things.

I can't say that GOG is at that point with the current SNAFU, so you should wait and hear what they have to say about it.
Well I'm glad I waited a while before playing then! The only problem is that even the full install is not up to date, it's a minor hotfix but I don't want to encounter a bug that is already fixed elsewhere.
Here's the answer I got:

[i]Unfortunately, we've encountered some technical issues with the patch and are currently waiting on another version from the game developers.
For now there is no specific ETA, but I can assure you that we will try to fix this as soon as possible.[/i]
dolbeau: As a fellow Linux user, thanks for that. I meant to open one as well, but their report tools is such an invasion of privacy I ended up giving up. And you can't not upload one when you create a ticket, even for something where it's obviously 100% irrelevant. What do they need my list of filesystems to fix a missing update?
That's why the last time I complained about such a thing, I called it a "download" issue, which doesn't require that privacy-violating system dump. Of course at least the dump is plain text, so you could edit it.

As a side note, given that this is a Unity3D game, I guess you could download the Windows version and just copy everything arch-neutral to get to the same patch level. I won't do that, though, given how much time it takes for a full download. Instead, I'll just avoid the DLC-related stuff for now.
crustache: Here's the answer I got:
Thanks for the update !