It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone! New hotfix is here!

Please, be aware that there are plot spoilers in the descriptions below (in the Quest, Areas and Kingdom sections)!

Quests

"Assemble a Militia in Varnhold" could be started before the player was able to enter Varnhold. Resolution: fixed.
Not all the guards were triggered into aggressive state while completing "Intervene in Varnhold" objective, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed. For players, who already encountered this issue, Tirval has a new dialog to complete the objective.
Amiri's sword repair didn't count in the companion's quest ("Reforged Blade"). Resolution: fixed. Affected saves files have also been corrected.
Valerie's first companion quest was easy to miss - its starting event was active for 10 days only. Resolution: the active period of the starting event was extended.
"Search for poachers somewhere in the Narlmarches" objective could not be completed due to the chance that the related special encounter didn't happen. Resolution: fixed.
The dialogue with Eimar could be interrupted ("The River's Justice" quest), making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed.
Romance with Tristian didn't continue in some cases after events at the "Abandoned keep" area during the "Betrayer's flight" quest. Resolution: fixed. Unfortunately, the affected saves couldn't be fixed. Those players who want to continue romance with Tristian have to use saves before "Betrayer's flight" quest completion.
Players could use the rule posts after the debates ("Inconsequent Debates" quest), which led to Jubilost becoming a frog permanently. Resolution: fixed.
Dialogue with Alondi ("A Bard's Calling" quest) was interrupted after the first phrase, making the quest impossible to complete. Resolution: fixed.
"Impatient Pirates" quest didn't finish in some cases. Resolution: fixed.

Areas

Pitax Wardens had their Combat Expertise bonuses multiplied every time players saved the game. Resolution: fixed.
Dialogue with Nyrissa could not be finished in some cases at "Abandoned Keep" area. Resolution: fixed.
It was possible to do the "Shrewish Gulch" book event more than once. Resolution: fixed.
Party could be teleported to a random area after the Book Event at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed.
There was a chance to get the second copy of Briar at Pitax King Palace. Resolution: fixed.
There was incorrect entrance into "Empty Skull Rock" area. This area couldn't be found by perception check on the Global Map. Resolution: both issues are fixed.
There was incorrect entrance into "Middle of Nowhere" area. Resolution: fixed.
Dialogue with Salim Ghadafar was triggered every time after loading at "Castle of Knives" area. Resolution: fixed.
There were several issues with navigation at "Castle of Knives" area (some loot chests were unreachable; no collisions for some models). Resolution: fixed.
Players couldn't loot dead Darwen at "Brineheart". Resolution: fixed.
There were two areas for Amiri's companion quest with the same names ("Six Bears Camp") which confused players. Resolution: fixed. The outdated area changed its name now.
Under certain conditions, quest NPCs could not appear at "Flintlock Grasslands" area infused by the First World (the last chapter). Resolution: fixed.
Bartholomew could be missing at "Wizard's Laboratory" area when players tried to return his whip. Resolution: fixed.
Amiri could keep immortal state after completing events at "Flintlock Grasslands" area. Resolution: fixed.
"Shallow Gulch" area doesn't require perception check on the Global Map anymore.
One of the areas had incorrect type and visualization on the Global Map. Resolution: fixed.
The dialogue (Merchant in Distress) didn't work correctly if players resolved the event with fey-pranker peacefully. Resolution: a new dialogue option has been added.
Dialogue with goblins located behind the Lamashtu statue was not available. Resolution: fixed.

User Interfaces

Characters in Inventory could become black-and-white in some cases. Resolution: fixed.
HP-bar is improved to indicate correctly Hit Points left.
Interaction and exit area markers got stuck in the game frame sometimes. Resolution: fixed.

Kingdom

Pitax final kingdom event didn't start. Resolution: fixed.
Brevoy councilor didn't appear at "Throne Room" area and Kingdom development couldn't progress. Resolution: fixed.
The project to get rid of Lander Lebeda's spies was not available. Resolution: fixed.
Kingdom could be destroyed without triggering the gameover dialogue in some rare cases. Resolution: fixed.
The kingdom event "A Mysterious Letter has Arrived at the Castle" (the letter from Linxia; "Deal With the Devil" quest) didn't finish correctly. Resolution: fixed.
Building tooltips have numbers of the kingdom stats which are upgraded by the specific building now.

Classes & Mechanics

Players who strayed from their prescripted alignment as divine classes and lost their spells asked us to provide them with a way to atone for their transgressions. Resolution: Jhod Kavken and Arsinoe sell Scrolls of Atonement now. Using that scroll returns you to the alignment you selected during character creation at the start of the game which in turn should help characters if they lost their spells.
There was empty description for the buff that caused 50% chance of a spell failure due to the First World influence in some areas. Resolution: fixed.
Warpainted Skull of Duthica disappeared after use and did not summon two barbarian spirits. Resolution: Warpainted skull can be properly used once per day and summons two barbarian spirits.
There could be two copies of Grimoire in Blakemoor's inventory. Resolution: fixed.
Companions who died from the Disintegrate spell disappeared from the party. Resolution: fixed.
Jaethal and Linzi became invisible if they died from the Disintegrate spell. Resolution: fixed.
Vital Strike inflicted extremely low damage. Resolution: fixed.
Bokken's masterpiece didn't work. Resolution: fixed.
Lawful Neutral Inquisitors and Clerics of Torag could not cast spells. Resolution: fixed.
Enchanted shields no longer give double bonus when equipped (some extraneous enchantments may still remain in older saves).
Animal Companions that Druids got from Animal Domain did not scale properly off druid level (while the animal companions that Inquisitors and Clerics got from the same domain were doing just fine). Resolution: fixed.
Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers could not select Selective Channel and Extra Channel. Resolution: fixed.
The Energy Source ring did not give additional Channel Energy charges to Hospitalers and Empyreal Sorcerers. Resolution: fixed.

Miscellaneous

There was an issue with one of Nyrissa's animations. Resolution: fixed.

System

Zip library is upgraded to fix some rare save corruption issues. Unfortunately, affected saves files can not be corrected.
October 17th? Is that another typo?
Hassuf is still bugged and not accessible (city market square). Quite annoying because I got enough gold i could exchange for points - that I would need desperately. Really need to put the game aside now, because this messy bug fest is no longer any fun to play. Bet the new hotfix also added new bugs again, too.

Please stop releasing these halfbreed patches, get your gametesters to complete your game and do their job in finding bugs and then release a nice big patch at once that fixes the game once and for all. Customers who paid money for your product are no playtesters. Based on my current experience with your company i will defenitely not spend any money on your products again - at least not until they are discounted for at least 75%+.
Thank you for keeping up with the patches. Despite all the grumbling from the community (including me), I think lots of us grumble because we like the game.
Hofnaerrchen74: Please stop releasing these halfbreed patches,
Then people would be up in arms that they're not doing enough/anything. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I think they have the right idea, because people want to play NOW.
Hofnaerrchen74: Please stop releasing these halfbreed patches,
Hickory: Then people would be up in arms that they're not doing enough/anything. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I think they have the right idea, because people want to play NOW.
They wouldn't have those problems if they did the QA prior to release right and not only for the first 3 or 4 chapters. But these days games get released to early before they are actually finished and using CUSTOMERS as playtesters is no good way of doing it. I really want not to be pissed about this game - d&d 3.5 is one of my favorite rule sets for rpgs - but having a game with that many bugs and issues is just a pain.... as i said in my first commentary: i will probably just kick the current buggy mess into a corner until it's fixed once and for all and ignore other products of this dev in future.

Btw... it's not a customers job to defend a company having released an extremely unpolished product - you should rather be pissed or do you work for them? Defending them will not change anything - critisim is valid and needed for companies to change their behavior.
Deal with the devil is still broken.
Killed everyone at brineheart (linxia + criminal) but the quest is still in my log, and every week i loose -2 community from the Linxia event that is now permanently stuck in my event queue.
Hickory: Then people would be up in arms that they're not doing enough/anything. They're damned if they do, damned if they don't. I think they have the right idea, because people want to play NOW.
Hofnaerrchen74: They wouldn't have those problems if they did the QA prior to release right and not only for the first 3 or 4 chapters. But these days games get released to early before they are actually finished and using CUSTOMERS as playtesters is no good way of doing it. I really want not to be pissed about this game - d&d 3.5 is one of my favorite rule sets for rpgs - but having a game with that many bugs and issues is just a pain.... as i said in my first commentary: i will probably just kick the current buggy mess into a corner until it's fixed once and for all and ignore other products of this dev in future.

Btw... it's not a customers job to defend a company having released an extremely unpolished product - you should rather be pissed or do you work for them? Defending them will not change anything - critisim is valid and needed for companies to change their behavior.
Get your head on straight: I am not defending them. I am just stating a fact. If they stopped the hotfixes, people would be up in arms. Like I said, they're going about this mess (yes, their mess) the right way. Be under no illusion, I agree entirely that this game should never have been released in the state it's in.
Mortheim: Hello everyone! New hotfix is here!
Please just upload all the patch files separately. I don't want to get handcuffed with this GOG Galaxy bs, neither do I want to download the whole game again.
Vizera: Deal with the devil is still broken.
Killed everyone at brineheart (linxia + criminal) but the quest is still in my log, and every week i loose -2 community from the Linxia event that is now permanently stuck in my event queue.
Hofnaerrchen74: Hassuf is still bugged and not accessible (city market square). Quite annoying because I got enough gold i could exchange for points - that I would need desperately. Really need to put the game aside now, because this messy bug fest is no longer any fun to play. Bet the new hotfix also added new bugs again, too.
Guys, sorry for inconvenience.
Can you, please, send us the logs and save file with a short description in the subject to this e-mail address: technical@owlcatgames.com ?
To get the log files and save please follow the steps on this page: https://owlcatgames.com/content/reporting-bug (getting logs on gog is practically the same - in the settings of the game in gog app you can turn on "command line argument").
Cedup: Please just upload all the patch files separately. I don't want to get handcuffed with this GOG Galaxy bs, neither do I want to download the whole game again.
Will forward this request.
Hickory: October 17th? Is that another typo?
Yes. I'm a bit off with days, sorry =(
Hofnaerrchen74: They wouldn't have those problems if they did the QA prior to release right and not only for the first 3 or 4 chapters. But these days games get released to early before they are actually finished and using CUSTOMERS as playtesters is no good way of doing it. I really want not to be pissed about this game - d&d 3.5 is one of my favorite rule sets for rpgs - but having a game with that many bugs and issues is just a pain.... as i said in my first commentary: i will probably just kick the current buggy mess into a corner until it's fixed once and for all and ignore other products of this dev in future.

These days?

This problem is as old as the industry. Look up the number of bugs on release of various games like the Gold Box series, Wizardry series, Might and Magic, Troika games (Vamprire, TOEE, Arcanum) infinity engine games and numerous other large scale cRPG games. This is not "uncommon" for games of this scope and depth.

Now it certainly does not give them immunity, but the idea that somehow games were made and released bug free in the earlier years is laughable at best. Now I will agree that back then they did more with less (limitations of hardware), but bugs existed on release back then, just as they do today. Keep in mind that back then, the challenges of patching a game were far more complicated/costly in distribution than they are today. Certainly you can argue that because of this companies today may be less diligent and more willing to push out earlier than they should (there were some papers written about this at the time technology created these options), but as for such, it takes a lot more than simple assessments to judge this (ie there is always more beyond what we immediately see).

As for defending them? Any company willing to attend to true gaming over that of chasing after the inept entertainment junkies of today gets a bit of leniency in my book, even if they come up short and fail to achieve what is promised. As long as their intent is honest and their effort is true, they will at least hit their mark to a level that is respectable if one honestly is seeking something over the garbage that exists today.

Look at the numerous games of the past which on release were buggy messes (Temple of Elemental Evil, Vampire, Arcanum, Gothic 3, etc...) but over the years with community patching and care, the true original intent and goal of those games were realized to a respected level (and are games that are considered legends in the industry). The point is, the industry is better off with numerous attempts that come up short, but are pursuing the right goal than an industry filled with garbage designed to hit marketing analysis goals to cater to the mainstream "boy band" worshiping masses. Besides, we still get the same buggy crap with them anyway, but lacking all the substance of these “idealistic” games.

We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn. That is not to say we should defend blindly, but with an evaluation of honest intent and effort on their part with a certain amount of expectation of responsibilty. We do that, and we aid the continuance of this type of work. If we shun it and dismiss it without such consideration, we merely seal the fate of these type of games and promote the continuance of mediocrity to which the state of AAA games have become.

So far, this company is attending to fixes on a regular basis. They are showing honest intent and effort to their original stated goal. To be upset (past simple disappointment/agitation) with them in the face of this fact and with knowledge of the state of the industry, well... I think is rater disingenuous. In fact, we already know that AAA games with 100's of developers and enormous budgets still release buggy garbage on a regular basis, often with a lazy dismissal to their player base, so what justification do you really have in the position you take concerning this game and company? I mean, as I said, I understand disappointment, even agitation due to an inability to play (or play to a level you wish to), but what purpose or reasonable goal in a position do you achieve by the arguments you make? What is it you are hoping to achieve by arguing as you are?
Post edited October 18, 2018 by nomander
@nomander

I played the Wizardry Series when it came out as it came out. When all the art was line art. I do not recall game breaking bugs. The same with the Gold Box CRPGs when they game out (not resold) there were not any game breaking bugs. When you move to more modern games such as Troika in Vampire: Bloodlines the reason why that game was a bugged filled mess is the studio who made it was on its way out of business. They published a unfinished game as they ran out of money. (One of the first player created patches was restoring backgrounds and other things left our due to the rush to publish before they went out of business.)
nomander: We should defend any and all developers who "honestly" attempt to realize the "ideal" of this type of gaming, even if they crash and burn. That is not to say we should defend blindly, but with an evaluation of honest intent and effort on their part with a certain amount of expectation of responsibilty.
Support, yes, but not defend. You cannot or should not, defend indefensible positions. Anybody, individual or company, who makes a mistake should be given the chance to atone for or amend that mistake, but the mistake itself should never be defended. Thats the road to mediocrity. Make aware; make good.
Hussaf still inaccessible.

Tristian still cannot run.

Save files and logs already sent a couple of days ago.
this patch made my week, the loading times are finaly normal! from 3-5 mins per loading screen to 10-20 seconds (plz dont break it again)