It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi folks,

Reporting what I think is a bug. I'll describe it just so we're on the same page, and you don't think I'm a total idiot.

What do I think a tooltip is?
-A tool tip is the page/tip/popup of information you get when you mouse-over something in the game. An example would be: enemy stat page during combat. Enemy corpses outside of combat. Spells, items, etc in the quickbars. Items in the inventory page, etc.

What game settings do I think control them?
-Tutorial messages & Tooltip Delay (sec) under game settings. Tutorial messages seems to turn them off, the delay setting offers a max of 1/2 a second before they appear.

Why do I think it's broken?
-When you change the setting from game options to 'none' and '0.50' sec delay and load the game, 'Tutorial messages' reverts to 'Only short tips' and 'tooltip delay' reverts to '0/10' sec.

-When you then change the settings to 'none' and '0.50' seconds ingame tooltips are removed. But if you then save, and load the game while it is running - tooltips return. Even though the settings state 'none' and '0.50' seconds.

-Please not I'm referring to the stat page on live enemies and the corpse info page. All other tooltips remain on one way or the other.

How have I tested this?
-Tested on a modded game, and just uninstalled and ran the tests again on the main game with no mods and DLC installed.

In summary: I mentioned this on the RPGCodex forums, and it seems I'm either the only one with the problem, or everyone else is running a different version than me, or I'm in a seperate reality to everyone else.
Please note; I'm not trolling anyone here. This has taken a considerable amount of time, and I'd rather be playing the game. But I find this problem incredibly irritating - like an Edwin Odesseiron level of irritation.

Thanks.
I should also mention that I'm aware of the Immersion Mode setting under game difficulty. Which is off by default: but it actually has to be on to turn off combat feedback.

Specifically when you turn immersion mode on, all of the combat text settings go off. Except enemy name and HP settings which are set to mouse hover.

Setting both of these to never also has no effect, and I still get the stat page of enemies when I mouse over/hover over them.

As mentioned, I was only able to disable this by turning tutorial messages off. But then you save > load and they come back even though the setting is still set to none.
Viewing enemy statistics is not a tooltip, it's an inspection action. I don't know if tooltiip settings affect inspection, since I have not modified those settings, but I would not be surprised if they do not.

Is the magnifying glass icon in the GUI's action bar toggled? If it is, that is why you are still seeing enemy statistics.

If you are convinced you've found a bug, your best bet is probably to use the in-game reporting feature (F11 key). Given that the last patch was three months ago, I do not know to what extent Owlcat is still supporting the game, but no unreported bugs are going to be fixed so it's worth a shot.