It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

So as mentioned I have ver: 2.0.7b. I have downloaded the patch, ver: 2.0.8 - which installed.

When I then go to install the next patch which is labelled - Ver: 2.0.8 > 2.0.8_fix. But the installer fails and tells me it is the wrong version of the game, and I must update.

Is this correct? Am I fine with the first patch - ver: 2.0.8 ???

I have a slow internet conection, and I don't want to have to download varnhol's lot @ 3.7G again if there's a critical error with the game.

Many thanks.
Post edited February 19, 2020 by Chippy123
Chippy123: Hi,

So as mentioned I have ver: 2.0.7b. I have downloaded the patch, ver: 2.0.8 - which installed.

When I then go to install the next patch which is labelled - Ver: 2.0.8 > 2.0.8_fix. But the installer fails and tells me it is the wrong version of the game, and I must update.

I have a slow internet conection, and I don't want to have to download varnhol's lot @ 3.7G again if there's a critical error with the game.

Many thanks.
I do not know, but it sounds like the stupid-developer+GOG-trick where they put out a patch that insists to be applied to the prior version rather than the most current version (excepting the patch). To find out for sure (and to alert the powers that be that there's a problem, if there's a problem), then I recommend that you fill out a support ticket and discuss it with GOG staff.

If you have a way to install or regress to 2.0.7b, then you could try applying the new patch to that.
Chippy123: Hi,

Many thanks.
There was a middle 2.0.8 patch.. It was pulled and a fix patch issued for those who had already upgraded to that build. You will need to download the 2.0.8_fix files and re-install the game over your current one.