It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi guys,

We have uploaded the latest version of Papers, Please (1.0.37) for both PC and Mac.

Quote from the dev:

Another attempt at fixing the "Runtime Error" startup crash on Windows.

Have a nice day! :D.
I got it, but you've gotta do something about the notification staying there please :)
I installed it, and now when I click on the version number it says that I'm running a preview build, and that the latest version is 1.0.36 instead. In addition, when I check the support page on the official website, it says that the latest version is really 1.0.33.

I'm a bit confused right now as to which version I'm supposed to be using.
Post edited August 15, 2013 by SmashManiac
SmashManiac: I installed it, and now when I click on the version number it says that I'm running a preview build, and that the latest version is 1.0.36 instead. In addition, when I check the support page on the official website, it says that the latest version is really 1.0.33.

I'm a bit confused right now as to which version I'm supposed to be using.
I suspect there's a manual process involved in getting those updated, and the developer probably forgot to do it.
Pidgeot: I suspect there's a manual process involved in getting those updated, and the developer probably forgot to do it.
Yeah, I'd say if the version number doesn't match and it's higher it probably defaults to saying newer builds are preview builds. He probably forgot to change a key value somewhere on the back-end.
Post edited August 15, 2013 by alexross
Seriously haven't got this working yet, any ETA on an update to fix? Darn thing won't start up, waiting to plaaaayyy....
1.0.40 is in the works, and Mr. Lucas Pope is going to do this again:
- Removed more inappropriate immigrant names.

Could he add more NOT inappropriate immigrant names? Otherwise "database" will become thinner every time.
JamesBond007: 1.0.40 is in the works, and Mr. Lucas Pope is going to do this again:

Could he add more NOT inappropriate immigrant names? Otherwise "database" will become thinner every time.
I believe he's got quite the collection of names so I wouldn't worry yet. On the bright side, those who submitted appropriate names but didn't get chosen might have a chance to be in the game because of that :)
JamesBond007: 1.0.40 is in the works, and Mr. Lucas Pope is going to do this again:

In which way were the inappropriate I wonder...

Maybe there should be a list of all those deleted immigrants ;)
iontichy: In which way were the inappropriate I wonder...

Here it is (might be incomplete) - http://papersplease.wikia.com/wiki/Name#removed_names

If someone is still present, he/she will be axed with the next update.
iontichy: In which way were the inappropriate I wonder...

JamesBond007: Here it is (might be incomplete) - http://papersplease.wikia.com/wiki/Name#removed_names

thanks a lot for the link!
JamesBond007: Here it is (might be incomplete) - http://papersplease.wikia.com/wiki/Name#removed_names

iontichy: thanks a lot for the link!
Wow, who would have thought someone would take names so seriously.

I wonder what would happen if your actual birth name was actually one of those "copyrighted" ones? Would you be in danger of being sued? ;O
iontichy: thanks a lot for the link!
squid830: Wow, who would have thought someone would take names so seriously.

I wonder what would happen if your actual birth name was actually one of those "copyrighted" ones? Would you be in danger of being sued? ;O
even worse: you get sued because of MS Paint Adventures ;)