It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Are there any hacks for this to do 1080p?
dgvoodoo. From the myabandonware page: "Higher resolutions can be forced using dgVoodoo 2 (set ATI 8500 as the graphics card in DirectX options to fix rendering issues, if there are any)."

I have tested this and it does work fine
Post edited July 31, 2020 by OWReaper
OWReaper: dgvoodoo. From the myabandonware page: "Higher resolutions can be forced using dgVoodoo 2 (set ATI 8500 as the graphics card in DirectX options to fix rendering issues, if there are any)."

Thanks
OWReaper: dgvoodoo. From the myabandonware page: "Higher resolutions can be forced using dgVoodoo 2 (set ATI 8500 as the graphics card in DirectX options to fix rendering issues, if there are any)."

I have never used dgvoodoo. Is it just a stretch? Thanks
No it causes the game to natively render in 1080p with the correct settings
The cutscenes won't play and mouse super laggy forcing 1080p with dgvoodoo. Any fix?
Post edited August 03, 2020 by SuperLibby72
Haven't used dgVoodoo before but I tinkered around with it a bit today and I'm having the same results as SuperLibby. It does use 16x9 aspect ratio, but the resolution is very low and smudged out. Also, yeah, cutscenes not playing and mouse very laggy in menus.

Attached screenshots with and without dgVoodoo.

So at the moment playing without dgVoodoo seems the better option. Crisper graphics, combined with cutscenes and usable menus makes for a better experience.
Attachments:
outwars.jpg (378 Kb)