Orwell: Keeping an Eye on you
The Localizations Update is here!
We are constantly scouting for new recruits for the Orwell Project. But, as many of you have legtimately voiced, our surveillance effort would never be able not realize its full potential as long as it didn't include more languages.
This changes today! The Government of The Nation has spared no expense to present you official localizations of the Orwell software in
as well as an unofficial localization in Portuguese (Brazil), put together by some of our most loyal citizens on translate.orwell-game.com. Also, we would like to say thank you to all our citizens who have pointed out errors minor imperfections in the Public Localization Beta, which is hereby concluded. Note that more languages will be added through future updates.
Additionally, the update brings tons improvements our engineers have worked on tirelessly in the recent months, such as a much demanded phone call text speed slider, a brand new hack effect intrusion warning, some reworked documents, and much shorter loading times.
Please refer to the full changelog below for a detailled list of improvements and additions.
As always, remain vigilant.
The Orwell Project Administration
Changelog Version 1.3
Content and feature changes
- added official localizations for German, French, Spanish, Russian, Simplified Chinese (change language from settings menu)
- added community localization for Portuguese (Brazil) [THANKS TO OUR COMMUNITY ON TRANSLATE.ORWELL-GAME.COM!!]
- added a slider for text speed in phone calls
- slightly reworked timing of events such as comments by Symes
- all documents now dynamically adapt to content
- completely reworked the layout of some websites
- completely reworked some pictures
- slightly changed writing in places
- Spoiler episodes 2 & 5:
- Spoiler episodes 5:
- greatly reduced loading times for savegames
- reduced memory footprint
- improved document loading, now loads contents element by element
- phone calls will now correctly maintain their vertical scroll position if the call is still running
- overlays no longer freeze after uploading a Datachunk
- fixed a sound bug when music was muted during the closing cutscene
- fixed tons of typos in the English original text