It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
EDIT: A naming convention will cause save files to not appear. This will be patched within the hour.

Huge update. Converted the game from GMS1 to GMS2. Lots of changes/fixes. Please let me know if I've missed any previously reported bug. I skimmed the forums and I feel this takes care of everything I'm aware of. As well, I believe the random crashes do not exist in this version. If I missed something, report it here and I can now patch things very quickly that this GMS2 conversion is done.

Changes
-Game engine updated to GM Studio 2. This gave a performance increase and solved some issues, but caused alot of underlying code to be reworked. Please report any bugs!
-Removed settings for Vertex Buffer Method and Windows Alternate Vertical Sync Method
-Simplified settings for Framerate (Auto/30/60) Anti-Aliasing (On/Off), Shadowcasting and Crepuscular Rays (Off/Low/High)
-Added setting for Sleep Margin in Graphics Options. This should be left alone in most cases.

Bug Fixes
-Fixed bug that could cause you to have unlimited throwable items
-Can no longer attack when prone
-Completely rewrote functions for the Tent and Canteen. Both should work more predictably now.
-Fixed bug that could cause incorrect graphics to be drawn on hotkey screen.
-Fixed bug that could cause health to increase over the maximum.
-Fixed bug allowing multiple cutscene skips on final battle
-Fixed bug allowing player to take damage when using the Defender to reflect a laser and turning around.
-Many small graphical/audio or gameplay changes too numerous to include.
Post edited January 03, 2019 by BrandonGoins
BrandonGoins: snip
Wow. Did not expect this to get such a huge update after I already finished the game :)
Great work. Let's hope it did not introduce new bugs.

Could you explain what this even means (I will leave it alone but I am curious)?
" -Added setting for Sleep Margin in Graphics Options. This should be left alone in most cases."

I am recommending this game whenever I can. Recently I had some discussions with small dev teams who told me that they could not afford to update GOG as well as Steam so they just abandoned GOG. You are showing us that it IS possible not only to update GOG but also to post a changelog. You are a prime example of a dev that should be supported (and I hope people do).
high rated
BrandonGoins: snip
MarkoH01: Wow. Did not expect this to get such a huge update after I already finished the game :)

Could you explain what this even means (I will leave it alone but I am curious)?
" -Added setting for Sleep Margin in Graphics Options. This should be left alone in most cases."

I am recommending this game whenever I can. Recently I had some discussions with small dev teams who told me that they could not afford to update GOG as well as Steam so they just abandoned GOG. You are showing us that it IS possible not only to update GOG but also to post a changelog. You are a prime example of a dev that should be supported (and I hope people do).
Thanks!

So Sleep Margin is a weird setting that seems particular to GM Studio games. As far as I understand, it shouldn't need changed unless you are enabling power-saving on your machine (laptop). If you find the game is underperforming, you can lower this setting to cause the game to demand more power. I personally haven't witnessed any change from this setting but have read other cases where it helps so I threw it in there just-in-case.

As far as updating on GOG, for me personally it adds 30-45 minutes of time to each update. That's nothing! Maybe with bigger games it's more of an issue and then I guess if they are having to pay employees, but Orphan compiles in about 30 minutes and I work by myself. After doing a Steam build, I change a configuration that enables GOG achievements and disables Steam achievements and then re-compile. It's not a big deal. When I finally add Linux/Mac, of course that time will multiply. But also, updates should become rare at this point as hopefully the bugs are all worked out and I only have a few small content things I'd like to add eventually.
MarkoH01: Wow. Did not expect this to get such a huge update after I already finished the game :)

BrandonGoins: Thanks!

So Sleep Margin is a weird setting that seems particular to GM Studio games. As far as I understand, it shouldn't need changed unless you are enabling power-saving on your machine (laptop). If you find the game is underperforming, you can lower this setting to cause the game to demand more power. I personally haven't witnessed any change from this setting but have read other cases where it helps so I threw it in there just-in-case.

As far as updating on GOG, for me personally it adds 30-45 minutes of time to each update. That's nothing! Maybe with bigger games it's more of an issue and then I guess if they are having to pay employees, but Orphan compiles in about 30 minutes and I work by myself. After doing a Steam build, I change a configuration that enables GOG achievements and disables Steam achievements and then re-compile. It's not a big deal. When I finally add Linux/Mac, of course that time will multiply. But also, updates should become rare at this point as hopefully the bugs are all worked out and I only have a few small content things I'd like to add eventually.
Hello Brandon

Just to let you know, when you search for your game on GoG & you click on it, it takes you straight back to the main page that lists all the games on here.

I have tried to contact a Mod, to get it fixed, but it seems you can't start a conversation with them due to their settings.

https://www.gog.com/games?page=1&sort=popularity&search=orphan