It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am trying to find out if anyone else has this problem: Running OiS on my Linux machine, using the 4.20 kernel, I get a segfault:

Running Objects In Space
./runois.sh: line 3: 20125 Segmentation fault (core dumped) LD_LIBRARY_PATH=${PWD}/libs ./ois

This happens with both, start.sh and directly in ./game by running runois.sh.

The machine is running any game I throw at it and I would love to help finding out what is happening here.

Does it happen to anyone else? Anyone with a hint where to begin analysing?

CPU: Ryzen 5 1600x
GPU/driver: Nvidia GTX 760 / proprietary driver
Kernel: 4.20
Desktop Environment: XFCE
Setup: Dual screen, external USB creative soundblaster sound card (pulse audio)

EDIT: SEE MY POST BELOW FOR A LINK TO MORE ANALYSIS AND A PARTIAL SOLUTION!
Post edited March 04, 2019 by petov
This question / problem has been solved by The_Gruntimage
Yes, I did have the same problem, solved it, but there is another problem with the game after that. I also just did a thread about the subject, look there what I did to get it running.

It still is unplayable for me after getting it to run, but maybe you have better luck.
I have it running and am working on analysing and solving the issue in this thread:

www.gog.com/forum/objects_in_space/linux_version_doesnt_work_properly

(for some reason I am suddenly not allowed to post links anymore. now you have to copy/paste the link above in your address bar manually)
Post edited March 04, 2019 by petov