It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I downloaded the new installer package tonight. Just as with the previous .zip release, the installer *will not* download using GOG Downloader. It must be downloaded manually from the Account page through Safari.

I ran the installer. It took about 5 minutes to install.

But I can't find anything. There's no Obduction.app anywhere that I can find. Where did it put the game?
tdknox: I downloaded the new installer package tonight. Just as with the previous .zip release, the installer *will not* download using GOG Downloader. It must be downloaded manually from the Account page through Safari.

I ran the installer. It took about 5 minutes to install.

But I can't find anything. There's no Obduction.app anywhere that I can find. Where did it put the game?
After unzip, folders created were GM-20957; subfolder MacNoEditor. Obduction.app was in this folder. Program takes forever to load; doesn't work well at all. Good luck.
I too downloaded the mac updated version and installed it. I cannot find where it went. any ideas where to look?
Dec 23 20216 - still waiting for a decent response. Today I downloaded the mac version and expanded it on a separate drive - nothing shows anywhere!

Come on guys - we've paid and waited a long time for this crap to still be happening!
Post edited December 24, 2016 by oldergeek
Don't bother. It's not the latest version.
As far as I can tell, it went nowhere. I installed 2.0.0.3 twice today.

The installer popped two mysterious file chooser boxes, which I dismissed because it wasn't clear what was expected. Looking at the installer log, it appears doing so created an error condition.

What a joke.
Good news.

There is now an offline (direct download) available to backers on GoG. It went live a few hours ago.
You can access it without using Galaxy by accessing the game via your library using your favourite browser.

Lets hope it's all we could wish for in terms of fixes.
Post edited December 21, 2016 by boblishman
This is a joke. You are right ... the browser installer does NOT install ANY files ...ANYWHERE.
I emailed support and they told me to use the Gslaxy Client. I have emailed back to tell them that I don't want to have to use the client every time it want to play and to fix the offline installer. No response yet.
After badgering GOG support since their release of the "non-installing" .pkg file update, they finally uploaded to their to ftp server a ZIP file which DOES download and install the 1.4.1 update.

Rather than admit that the .pkg file is useless they said "Since your Mac has issues with PKG files..." which I find rather annoying... they had decided to upload the zip file.

I suggest you guys ask them for the link "Since your Mac has issues with PKG files".

The update greatly improves stability on Maray.

I intend sending Cyan a copies of the GOG support emails which had constantly blamed my machine, my ISP and my software for this rediculous situation rather than a badly made .pkg file.

I also intend sending a link to this thread to GOG support to show that I was not the only one affected by this crappy file.