It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

When Foundation update came out I did a fresh clean install, after backing up and removing my old install from the uninstaller in the No Man's Sky directory. When I run the PATCH 1.12 I get the following message.....

"Please note: This patch is incompatible with the GoG Galaxy version of the game and may break it" Do you want to continue"

I say Yes as the version I installed was the manual one for Foundation 1.13(GOG-11)

The next window that pops up says "This patch does not support your version of the game please download a new installer"

And there is only a exit button, so obviously I cannot install the PATCH 1.12 to then move on to PATCH 1.13

I did back up all my old info, (Main game and saves) before uninstalling via the No Man's Sky uninstaller in it's own directory, this is a clean install from the manual installation files of the Foundation pack and this is not the first time I have asked as some of you may see in another thread.

However no reply at all from GoG and a new yet further PATCH 1.13 that requires PATCH 1.12 to be installed brings me to another post. And it looks like I am not the only one with this problem.

How about a reply from a GoG moderator please ?
elghinnfaer: When Foundation update came out I did a fresh clean install, after backing up and removing my old install from the uninstaller in the No Man's Sky directory. When I run the PATCH 1.12 I get the following message.....

"Please note: This patch is incompatible with the GoG Galaxy version of the game and may break it" Do you want to continue"

I say Yes as the version I installed was the manual one for Foundation 1.13(GOG-11)

The next window that pops up says "This patch does not support your version of the game please download a new installer"
This sounds confused to me. So are you trying to install 1.13 over a game install already updated? Or are you trying to install patch 1.12 over a game already updated to that?
I will endeavor to make this as clear as possible as to how and what I installed.

After fully removing the old version from my computer via the uninstall in no mans sky directory I then did the following.

Under account on the GoG page I clicked Library, I then clicked the only option I have to view game downloads for No Mans Sky, I see the following files available for download.

No Man's Sky (Part 1 of 2) 1.13 (GoG-11) 27MB
No Man's Sky (Part 2 of 2) 1.13 (GoG-11) 2.4GB
Please note all new files from this Foundation set are in their own directory separate from any of the previous versions GoG has had available for us to download as I wanted to save them and from what I see GoG does not give us the option to download older versions of the game.

With my system clean from any previous install (See first paragraph) I then run the file setup_no_mans_sky_2.7.0.9.exe which is No Man's Sky (Part 1 of 2) (GoG-11) 27MB in size, which in turn uses the file setup_no_mans_sky_2.7.0.9-1.bin to install the game.

With the game now installed I try to run the patch 1.12, file patch_no_mans_sky_2.8.0.10.exe and I receive the errors described in the top post.

Patch 1.12 says I am trying to update the wrong version as stated in my original post. GoG has not contacted me in this matter other then a generic email to me. The support I am seeing as a first time customer is abysmal.
Post edited December 13, 2016 by elghinnfaer
elghinnfaer: I will endeavor to make this as clear as possible as to how and what I installed.

Under account on the GoG page I clicked Library, I then clicked the only option I have to view game downloads for No Mans Sky, I see the following files available for download.

No Man's Sky (Part 1 of 2) 1.13 (GoG-11) 27MB
No Man's Sky (Part 2 of 2) 1.13 (GoG-11) 2.4GB

With the game now installed I try to run the patch 1.12, file patch_no_mans_sky_2.8.0.10.exe and I receive the errors described in the top post.

Patch 1.12 says I am trying to update the wrong version as stated in my original post. GoG has not contacted me in this matter other then a generic email to me. The support I am seeing as a first time customer is abysmal.
yeah as i said elghinnfaer, if you look at the bits i bolded in your post above, take note of the first bolded section where you have the 1.13 patch number. The version you downloaded is the fully patched version upto that patch number including all preceding patch versions. That is how the full installer thing works on GOG (once it is updated to that given version).

So you are indeed trying to install patch 1.12 ontop of a fully patched (including 1.12) version 1.13 install of the game. That is why you are getting the message you are seeing. Stop trying to install a patch that is already part of the install, you will be much happier :)
I would have been nice if the last six emails I received from GOG support said it as black and white as you Thorchild, thank you. I admit to not being the fastest horse on the track, no argument there.

I still think it would be far more simple if GOG just made a sectioned archive available for each version. It sure would have been far easy to have seen this forest through the trees that way.

Again you have my thanks.
Glad to help out. Now just enjoy the game :)
Full version or Full, a flag next to it, or bullet heading, would go a long way in customer/End User support. I suffered from this very same problem, he did. To me patches are different than full products, and deserve some kind of mentioning. README.TXT missing. Basic userunfriendliness.