It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Following are the notes for our latest patch: 1.12, which addresses some of the main issues we’ve seen reported following the launch of 1.1 (Foundation).

Patch notes:

- [PC] Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A mouse click or button press will dismiss this screen. We have also introduced a new method for mod installation which should prevent player’s games from breaking when a new update is released. For details please see the ‘DISABLEMODS.TXT’ file in the \GAMEDATA\PCBANKS folder.

- [PC] Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.

- [PC] We’ve enabled a temporary workaround for the SLI issues people are experiencing. If you are running in SLI, please disable TAA and the game should run. We are looking into a more permanent solution to this issue.

- Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.

- Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory.

- Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).

- [PC] Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.

- [PC] Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.

- Fixed an issue where underwater buildings could spawn without doors which in rare cases would mean the NPC missions could not be completed. (Note: If you are still being pointed to missing facilities during the NPC questlines, you can either claim a new base and re-build the NPC terminal, or if you have a Freighter, remove the NPC terminal from your base and rebuild it in the Freighter. The NPC should then give you new coordinates. We are still working on a more permanent fix for this issue).
Post edited December 07, 2016 by Ivraren
Great to see the patch updates coming :)

Could you pass on the message that PC users that use mouse and keyboard (not controller) need better 'usage' controls in general. For example that re-mapping issue for Azerty keyboard users. How about a 'free look' mode for non controller users, for example. How about allowing us to completely remap all the keys to whatever we prefer etc?

Currently it can feel like you are a second class citizen if not using a controller in relation to this kind of thing (constantly needing to depress a key to keep char/spaceship moving etc, not great for game comfort and RSI levels!).

Anyway it is awesome and fantastic to see the Foundation Update and the attention paid to feedback, resources are distributed much better now (and that 'Survival' mode, maybe even more so!), and the landscape looks much more natural in general (less of those resource deposit towers etc). Great job and looking forward to further improvements :)
Post edited December 07, 2016 by ThorChild
So Azerty keyboards. are now supported for building? When are we going to get QWERTY Keyboard and mouse support for building? Up until 1.1 I could do everything with mouse/keyboard, now with building, I need a controller! If Fallout 4 can give me keyboard/mouse building options, why can't Hello games?

Found out they have added qwerty keyboard controls (Z and X then arrow keys) Apologies! Typical rush to judgement on my behalf!
Post edited December 07, 2016 by UK_John
I would say that HelloGames is not looking into fixing control issues for us second class citizens in the pc world as a main goal as they have sold out to the world of consoles. This is obvious from what we see in the control interface.

We the pc users need to deal with the performance limitations in processing power of consoles, why not just lump controller into that too.

Nowhere in the games description did it say game pad recommended but again I do not think we were first and foremost in their thoughts.

I thought at one point in time Sean Murray said he was not going to make the game have mandatory questing to progress, just another flip flop probably encouraged by Sony. Would not be surprised if this patches base building stuff was part of the original game but Sony insisted a quest line be added to drag out and make the content seem bigger.

But I better adjust my tinfoil hat for that conspiracy theory....Sony....helping to poison good game ideas.
Ivraren: Following are the notes for our latest patch: 1.12, which addresses some of the main issues we’ve seen reported following the launch of 1.1 (Foundation).

Patch notes:

- [PC] Following reports of some people experiencing issues with the game while unsupported mods are installed, we’ve added mod detection which will show a warning screen on loading when mods are detected. A mouse click or button press will dismiss this screen. We have also introduced a new method for mod installation which should prevent player’s games from breaking when a new update is released. For details please see the ‘DISABLEMODS.TXT’ file in the \GAMEDATA\PCBANKS folder.

- [PC] Allowed remapping of the build menu and quick menu commands to support Azerty keyboards.

- [PC] We’ve enabled a temporary workaround for the SLI issues people are experiencing. If you are running in SLI, please disable TAA and the game should run. We are looking into a more permanent solution to this issue.

- Fixed an issue which, in some rare cases, prevented NPCs from giving you mission critical dialogue.

- Fixed a bug which could cause core items to be transferred from exosuit inventory to starship inventory.

- Fixed a number of rare crashes (if you continue to experience crashes, please send a crash report and include your crash dumps).

- [PC] Fix for monitor detection on PCs with 3rd party remote desktop or screen sharing applications.

- [PC] Running the game via the .exe file should no longer give Steam Init errors.

- Fixed an issue where underwater buildings could spawn without doors which in rare cases would mean the NPC missions could not be completed. (Note: If you are still being pointed to missing facilities during the NPC questlines, you can either claim a new base and re-build the NPC terminal, or if you have a Freighter, remove the NPC terminal from your base and rebuild it in the Freighter. The NPC should then give you new coordinates. We are still working on a more permanent fix for this issue).
Ivraren, with this latest patch, I've lost the only mod worth having,...low flight. It saved the game from the trash bin for me, any alternatives out there?
Ivraren: Following are the notes for our latest patch: 1.12, which addresses some of the main issues we’ve seen reported following the launch of 1.1 (Foundation).

Patch notes:

DavidErickson: Ivraren, with this latest patch, I've lost the only mod worth having,...low flight. It saved the game from the trash bin for me, any alternatives out there?
Get the updated version of the mod. It works.
DavidErickson: Ivraren, with this latest patch, I've lost the only mod worth having,...low flight. It saved the game from the trash bin for me, any alternatives out there?
tp555: Get the updated version of the mod. It works.
Thank you, I will look for it....like,right now!

Nope, still doesn't work,....I'm a PC player maybe that's why, I don't know. Just tried Low flight 3.1....No effect.
Post edited December 09, 2016 by DavidErickson
DavidErickson
Waiting for a new update!
tp555: Get the updated version of the mod. It works.
DavidErickson: Thank you, I will look for it....like,right now!

Nope, still doesn't work,....I'm a PC player maybe that's why, I don't know. Just tried Low flight 3.1....No effect.
I'm having the exact same problem with Low Flight...but also NONE of my mods are working. After 1.12, there's supposed to be a screen that pops up about Mod usage, but that hasn't happened for me yet. Like I said, none of the mods are working. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE
Literally 3 minutes later, I read a post from user RufusGartz that had the answer (thank you RufusGartz!) You have to delete the DISABLEMODS.TXT file in the PCBANKS. I did that, then Low Flight worked! Going to experiment with other mods now.
Post edited December 09, 2016 by GLLong76
I do not see the ‘DISABLEMODS.TXT’ file in the \GAMEDATA\PCBANKS folder.

Do you need to try and run a mod with the game first before it will appear ?

I still have not run the patch for the foundation update as it says it is not for my version and "May break the game" I am using the standard GoG foundation install and it is clean from scratch.
DavidErickson: Thank you, I will look for it....like,right now!

GLLong76: I'm having the exact same problem with Low Flight...but also NONE of my mods are working. After 1.12, there's supposed to be a screen that pops up about Mod usage, but that hasn't happened for me yet. Like I said, none of the mods are working. Anyone else having this issue?

UPDATE
Literally 3 minutes later, I read a post from user RufusGartz that had the answer (thank you RufusGartz!) You have to delete the DISABLEMODS.TXT file in the PCBANKS. I did that, then Low Flight worked! Going to experiment with other mods now.
Success!, GLLong, yes!, delete the DISABLEMODS.TXT, and it worked!, I'm back in the game with low flight, couldn't be happier!
Ivraren: DavidErickson
Waiting for a new update!
Ivraren, thank you, Successful mod launch!, low flight works, had to delete from GOG, delete from my computer, couldn't save my games though, but I now have low flight, after clean install, Happy, I am.
Post edited December 10, 2016 by DavidErickson