It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

https://www.nomanssky.com/2018/08/next-patch-1-57/
A little heads up. I've been reading a number of CTD issues numerous people have been reporting after running the 1.57 update, mostly in the Steam forums.

it might be wise to wait a while until that is sorted out?
Post edited August 22, 2018 by ThorChild
ThorChild: A little heads up. I've been reading a number of CTD issues numerous people have been reporting after running the 1.57 update, mostly in the Steam forums.

it might be wise to wait a while until that is sorted out?
So far I haven't experienced a crash. Perhaps those with bigger saves, those that are well into the story are experiencing crashes. Also, I've seen people meddling with the inis like the threaded cores and whatnot so I wonder if that is causing their crashes which may or may not be exacerbated by the official patches. After all, HG is expecting people to have an unaltered game without mods or ini "tweaks".
Post edited August 22, 2018 by Lorca13
Getting constant crashes as soon as i leave the atmoshphere after 1.57

Had zero issues before, hope they fix it soon

*edit*

Seems to only occur when on the path to the core
Post edited August 26, 2018 by Tremore
Edit: Below post references 1.58, not 1.57 -- got that mixed up, as it seems. My bad :/

I've read, that Hello Games decided to apply changes to the savegames, rendering the NMS Save Editor non-functional.

Probably just a question of time, until the author publishes an updated version, but since then, if you get stuck in a quest or need to edit your way out of other bugs, you'll be stuck.

Wondering, if they start to lock down the savegames by eg introducing a checksum in the form of a hash with an unknown salt, or straight out encrypt the files.

While making things harder for cheaters, from which the multiplayerr part would benefit, I'd rather they do not do that. I've 'rescued' many, many hours of gameplay by being able to edit my way out of bugs, which otherwise would have been lost, since I probably would have had to start over.
Post edited August 26, 2018 by ksj8ak2