It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi! I have an Intel HD 5500 integrated graphics card. The game doesn't work. I have audio but no video. I read somewhere that with one of the new patches, NMS supports Intel graphics cards. Can someone tell me whether the game will work? All my other specs are ok, I think! Thank you so much --

Windows 10 64-bit
128 MB VRAM
8 GB RAM
processor: Intel Core i5 @ 2.20 GHz
atspaw: Hi! I have an Intel HD 5500 integrated graphics card. The game doesn't work. I have audio but no video. I read somewhere that with one of the new patches, NMS supports Intel graphics cards. Can someone tell me whether the game will work? All my other specs are ok, I think! Thank you so much --

Windows 10 64-bit
128 MB VRAM
8 GB RAM
Probably fall short on video ram. You can compare your machine against the minimum specs using the utility at Can I Run It.

#disclaimer: I've used that site to check for compatability and, as far as I know, it's legit but I can not make any warrant for it. The site will ask you to run a small utility that gathers your system specs and sends them to the server where they're compared against their database. If that makes you uncomfortable, don't use it.
As far as I know, nowhere in the patches does it say that Intel cards are supported. If they were, they should have updated the info in the system requirements for the game. No offense, but it's hilarious to think that an Intel card can run NMS NEXT when even the gtx 1070/1080 are having issues running this game. ^^
atspaw: Hi! I have an Intel HD 5500 integrated graphics card. The game doesn't work. I have audio but no video. I read somewhere that with one of the new patches, NMS supports Intel graphics cards. Can someone tell me whether the game will work? All my other specs are ok, I think! Thank you so much --

Windows 10 64-bit
128 MB VRAM
8 GB RAM
You are joking. No way will NMS run on a card like that. You need far better to even get your game running. I have that on my laptop and I only use that for word processing!

Your other specs JUST pass, but you really need to get a dedicated graphics card - I suspect you`re on a laptop, right?
Post edited August 09, 2018 by Socratatus
If i remember correctly there was a mod called the 'potato mod' or something like that to help people with terrible graphics cards (or just on-board intel stuff) run the game lower than the recommended specs?

However i'm pretty sure that has not been updated yet, but look over the mods sites for NEXT mods and see if any have yet been done to do a similar thing.

It was Pathfinder update that allowed Intel GPU's to run the game, however it is a bit random but i did find this video for your card, but no idea if it will actually work for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B5Fem5scJI
Post edited August 09, 2018 by ThorChild
Unfortunately the minimum system requirements state that your card is not supported. This is probably down to older Intel GPUs not providing full OpenGL support. I think that the cheapest option if you are not using a Laptop would be to install GFX card that supports OpenGL 4.5 and up.

Trying this game on my Intel Graphics laptop results in it showing the menus but the 3D elements such as the environment are black. Surprisingly it does run just about OK on my old AMD T1090, HD6870 (1GB) and 4GiB RAM, with all low settings, but takes a long time to load due to lack of system and GPU memory.

Minimum system requirements (from GOG store page):
Windows: 7 / 8 /10 (64-bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core i3
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GTX 480, AMD Radeon 7870
Storage: 10 GB available space
Additional note (Graphics): Requires OpenGL 4.5, Intel cards are not supported.
Additional note: (Processor); Core 2 CPUs and below are not supported.
Post edited August 09, 2018 by nullzero
So the release notes (www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/) did say: "and the game now supports integrated Intel graphics cards". The real question is "which cards?"

Looking at Intel's Supported APIs for its graphic controllers (www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics-drivers.html) you see Vulkan support for Intel Iris 500 and 600 family (anything 5xx or 6xx). Anything older (i.e. the 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 families) is NOT supported.

So the HD5500 is not supported because it does not support Vulkan APIs.
I have NMS running on a MacBook Pro with Iris Plus 640.
This was posted over a year ago, so I guess the OP`s long gone.

I just wish they had the decency to say "Thanks!" for our advice. they rarely do.
JPtheJP76: So the release notes (www.nomanssky.com/beyond-update/) did say: "and the game now supports integrated Intel graphics cards". The real question is "which cards?"

Looking at Intel's Supported APIs for its graphic controllers (www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000005524/graphics-drivers.html) you see Vulkan support for Intel Iris 500 and 600 family (anything 5xx or 6xx). Anything older (i.e. the 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 families) is NOT supported.

So the HD5500 is not supported because it does not support Vulkan APIs.
I have NMS running on a MacBook Pro with Iris Plus 640.
If I may pop in on this, while I have a GTX 1060, I was just trying to run NMS off of the Intel UHD for fun and maybe see what settings it will run at - but it won't run at all on the integrated GPU... it just closes itself :P

- Windows updated
- Intel Driver updated via Driver & Support Assistant program

It's fine if there's issues with it, I was just messing around; too bad it didn't work though
I think <dont quote me> :

That additional Intel Integrated Graphics card support was intended for Laptop machines which have both an iGPU (Intel Integrated Graphics Processing Unit, embedded on the Central Processing Unit (CPU) such as Core I7), ASWELL as a dGPU (dedicated Graphics Processing Unit, such as NVidia or AMD GPU cards)

Laptops with both iGPU and a dGPU, even if the game primarily uses the dGPU for extremely fast graphics rendering, still uses the iGPU for displaying the rendered result to the laptop screen.

Such Laptops are known as Optimus setups https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nvidia_Optimus

Here's my theory - Maybe, prior to Pathfinder, NMS did not support some iGPUs in combination with the games minimum spec dGPU

So people with the minimum spec dGPU or above, going by the games specifications, would expect the game to work, but would not be aware that their display iGPU (which is not mentioned as part of the game specifications), was not compatible with the game ..

.. So HelloGames expanded the range of supported iGPUs in Optimus setups that the game would work with purely to display the rendered results from the dGPU.

https://www.nomanssky.com/pathfinder-update/

PC
Support for Intel HD Graphics 530, 540, 550, 580, 630, 640, 650

Thats my theory anyway. When HelloGames mentioned increased Support for Intel Integrated cards with various model numbers, I dont think they meant that the game could run purely from those without a dGPU, having at least a minimum specification dGPU is still needed hence why its still in the games specification notes on Steam and GOG page for the game.

I know that the game X4 in its settings at one time had trouble recognising and distinguishing different combinations of iGPU for display, and dGPU for rendering, but has since resolved such issues (see screenshot attached), and makes it known to the user that both iGPU and dGPU are recognised correctly for their setup

.. Maybe its the same for NMS, and further recognition of a wider variety of iGPUs became necessary

The fact that the games minimum spec still specifies a dGPU would seem to back this theory, and as other have said I would also think that trying to get the game to run purely on an iGPU with no dGPU in the machine would not work. Intel Integrated Graphics are getting better as time goes on, but they are no where near capable of doing the same work as a desktop dedicated graphics card chip, and its onboard Video RAM. Not even when you compare with a Laptop Mobile version of a dGPU which are weaker than the desktop equivalent mentioned in the game specifications.
Attachments:
Post edited September 02, 2019 by alt3rn1ty