It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Is it just a case of steam getting updated first, and gog later?
Hopefully the manual installers are OTW. Sometimes it takes a couple extra days before they arrive.

Meanwhile, yesterday I opened a Zendesk (Hello Games helpdesk) ticket on this issue.
Martek: Hopefully the manual installers are OTW. Sometimes it takes a couple extra days before they arrive.

Meanwhile, yesterday I opened a Zendesk (Hello Games helpdesk) ticket on this issue.
Thank you for contacting them, hopefully we'll get the update (as an offline installer) soon :)

The Expedition is about 6 weeks but it seems quite difficult this time so I hope it doesn't take too long. I need all the time I can get to complete it, especially now when I can only play a very short time per day.
Martek: Hopefully the manual installers are OTW. Sometimes it takes a couple extra days before they arrive.

Can I move the install to another pc, since there's no drm?
Mark_Smith: Is it just a case of steam getting updated first, and gog later?
as i said somewhere else that i believe at the mo it's multiplayer based
(it's working on galaxy with a few problems), like when you scan for drop pods they show ones you've already accessed , i'e you go to what appears to be a working one then step inside and it's been used, how i got round that was by saving before i scanned for it, and then going to the planet with rings around it,

i'll say one thing though it's alot harder than the previous versions with permadeath
Mark_Smith: Is it just a case of steam getting updated first, and gog later?
dremulator: as i said somewhere else that i believe at the mo it's multiplayer based
(it's working on galaxy with a few problems), like when you scan for drop pods they show ones you've already accessed , i'e you go to what appears to be a working one then step inside and it's been used, how i got round that was by saving before i scanned for it, and then going to the planet with rings around it,

i'll say one thing though it's alot harder than the previous versions with permadeath
They're all multiplayer based, but you can still play them offline, as long as you have Galaxy open when you begin an Expedition. Then you can just save the game and close it and Galaxy and then start up the game offline as usual :)

But those of us who doesn't use Galaxy to update need the offline installer soon or we will miss this Expedition. Hopefully it won't be long now :)
dremulator: as i said somewhere else that i believe at the mo it's multiplayer based

Uilos: They're all multiplayer based, but you can still play them offline, as long as you have Galaxy open when you begin an Expedition. Then you can just save the game and close it and Galaxy and then start up the game offline as usual :)

But those of us who doesn't use Galaxy to update need the offline installer soon or we will miss this Expedition. Hopefully it won't be long now :)
ye i've looked and it's still 3.89 (eye twitching begins)

yesterday i tried galaxy without the net and uh er it would not work, it wouldn't even let me play NMS
and i've looked and their is no take your game offline like at steam , it wouldn't even do anything wtaf to say i'm disapointed is an understatement

so to the op i'm going to say put in a ticket to Gog and ask them when they are releasing it

tbh i hope they will as i'm getting rid of my internet in august (big story it's going up £20 and i'm giving it up for a while) no doubt their will be more updates before then
I'm not the OP, and I opened a ticket with Hello Games four days ago.

I also "attempted" to open a GOG ticket just a short while ago - but I gave up.

I tried several "paths" via the support chat bot, to get to where it would allow me to open a ticket (when the chat bot can't "solve" the issue) - and each time I just could not be bothered to go through with it.

Being required to, say, run DXDIAG and attach it's file, when it's got nothing to do with that at all, and more "etc, etc" road blocks - I honestly just gave up.

I can't be arsed to step through such a bureaucratic minefield of time-wasting steps just so that I can finally get the message to them.

Maybe someone else has the gumption for the B.S., but I'm afraid that I do not.
Uilos: They're all multiplayer based, but you can still play them offline, as long as you have Galaxy open when you begin an Expedition. Then you can just save the game and close it and Galaxy and then start up the game offline as usual :)

dremulator: ye i've looked and it's still 3.89 (eye twitching begins)

yesterday i tried galaxy without the net and uh er it would not work, it wouldn't even let me play NMS
and i've looked and their is no take your game offline like at steam , it wouldn't even do anything wtaf to say i'm disapointed is an understatement

so to the op i'm going to say put in a ticket to Gog and ask them when they are releasing it

tbh i hope they will as i'm getting rid of my internet in august (big story it's going up £20 and i'm giving it up for a while) no doubt their will be more updates before then
I'm guessing the whole point of Galaxy is the online thing. If you want to play No Man's Sky offline, don't use Galaxy, and instead download the offline installers and start the game normally, and not through Galaxy. That's what I do, and it has worked ok so far :)
Post edited May 31, 2022 by Uilos
I am happy to note that both the currently missing manual installer patches are now available (3.90 & 3.91).

Only took a week :( , but now I can finally start the current Expedition.