It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Does anyone know how to edit CPU values under notepad in the graphics settings?
I just don't understand this because the game runs 90-150 frames per second but when you turn it just looks choppy and not fluid at all.

win7sp1
This question / problem has been solved by dashiichiimage
NovumZ: Does anyone know how to edit CPU values under notepad in the graphics settings?
I just don't understand this because the game runs 90-150 frames per second but when you turn it just looks choppy and not fluid at all.

win7sp1
Some things to check. If you have Mouse Smoothing enabled (not 0) in the general settings then try setting it to 0. When I had it on, the game would outsmart itself and I'd have very jerky motion looking to the side. Also try turning off Motion Blur and/or Terrain Tessellation if you have either enabled.

In your ...\No Man's Sky\Binaries\SETTINGS directory, make a backup of TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML. Open the file and look for
<Property name="NumHighThreads" value="1" />
<Property name="NumLowThreads" value="2" />
Change both values to "0". That tells NMS to hog all CPU resources that it can get its hands on. That's not being nice to other applications but playing NMS just has to take priority! ;-)
NovumZ: Does anyone know how to edit CPU values under notepad in the graphics settings?

win7sp1
dashiichi: Some things to check. If you have Mouse Smoothing enabled (not 0) in the general settings then try setting it to 0. When I had it on, the game would outsmart itself and I'd have very jerky motion looking to the side. Also try turning off Motion Blur and/or Terrain Tessellation if you have either enabled.

In your ...\No Man's Sky\Binaries\SETTINGS directory, make a backup of TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML. Open the file and look for
Change both values to "0". That tells NMS to hog all CPU resources that it can get its hands on. That's not being nice to other applications but playing NMS just has to take priority! ;-)
Thanks so much!
Grats on +5 :)

It helped with movement response and is less choppy, wonder if Gsync is causing this.
What each numbers in values exactly represent if you don't mind me asking.

980x@4502mhz
1080ti
Post edited November 29, 2018 by NovumZ
dashiichi: Some things to check. If you have Mouse Smoothing enabled (not 0) in the general settings then try setting it to 0. When I had it on, the game would outsmart itself and I'd have very jerky motion looking to the side. Also try turning off Motion Blur and/or Terrain Tessellation if you have either enabled.

NovumZ: Thanks so much!

It helped with movement response and is less choppy, wonder if Gsync is causing this.

980x@4502mhz
1080ti
As I understand it, the HIGH and LOW refer to how many high- and low-priority CPU threads that NMS will limit itself to. The default values (again, AIUI) were set to 1/4 of the CPU's available threads for high priority and 1/2 for low priority. That allows NMS to "play nicely" with the other applications on the computer. Setting either or both to 0 allows NMS to grab as many threads as it can.

However some discussion on reddit seemed to indicate that HIGH refers to the number of physical cores permitted and LOW to the number of threads. Very confusing and the discussions on reddit didn't seem to come to a firm conclusion.

As long as you do keep a backup of your original file, it's safe to experiment a bit. Different setups do seem to have responded in different ways. So, you could also try setting HIGH to the number of physical cores in your machine and LOW to the number of virtual cores (if you have hyperthreading enabled). On my box here, that would be NUMHIGHTHREADS set to 4 and LOW to 8.

As far as I'm aware, Hello Games hasn't explicitly documented how this works, so some experimenting may be in order. Again, as long as you have that backup I don't think that you can hurt anything permanently by playing around with those two settings.
NovumZ: Thanks so much!

980x@4502mhz
1080ti
dashiichi: As I understand it, the HIGH and LOW refer to how many high- and low-priority CPU threads that NMS will limit itself to. The default values (again, AIUI) were set to 1/4 of the CPU's available threads for high priority and 1/2 for low priority. That allows NMS to "play nicely" with the other applications on the computer. Setting either or both to 0 allows NMS to grab as many threads as it can.

However some discussion on reddit seemed to indicate that HIGH refers to the number of physical cores permitted and LOW to the number of threads. Very confusing and the discussions on reddit didn't seem to come to a firm conclusion.

As long as you do keep a backup of your original file, it's safe to experiment a bit. Different setups do seem to have responded in different ways. So, you could also try setting HIGH to the number of physical cores in your machine and LOW to the number of virtual cores (if you have hyperthreading enabled). On my box here, that would be NUMHIGHTHREADS set to 4 and LOW to 8.

As far as I'm aware, Hello Games hasn't explicitly documented how this works, so some experimenting may be in order. Again, as long as you have that backup I don't think that you can hurt anything permanently by playing around with those two settings.
Thank you once again!

It was an interesting journey playing around with number values, ultimately from my observation it come down to GPU(nvidia) and Gsync Monitor not working together properly.
I still get screen tearing with: in game vsync off; which in previous builds was not an issue and movement was buttery smooth.
Setting Gsync=true did not resolve it. I get the feeling that something is not right in the aspect ratio of the game, meaning that it is not truly full screen, hence issues with syncing and the only way gsync works.