It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

As per the title, the rest of the world has NMS 2.11 since end of last week.

Discounting the weekend and GOG not working Saturday or Sunday, 3 working days have passed since with no update to the NMS Offline Backup Game Installers.

Could we have some news or are we stuck with being forced to use the Galaxy client for this update ?
Attachments:
4.png (63 Kb)
In recent times it happens too often with updates of this game..., we are second category users so it looks
centurion60: In recent times it happens too often with updates of this game..., we are second category users so it looks
I know how frustrating it can be to have a game crash over and over, but we are seeing constant and continuous updates from Hello Games which is what we want. I wont fault Gog for taking some time to put out these updates. They are coming every few days and I don't think it's realistic to expect Gog to go to the effort of preparing a drm free version of each and every update.
Remember, for many of us, Gog got paid for a game years ago, yet is still putting out updates without recieving an aditional cent. I cant wait either, but it's a working game we're after, and we will get. The wait is unplesant but worth it.

Let's give them a chance to get it right.
Yep Hellogames are brilliant at updating / bug fixing No Man's Sky, their dedication has been remarkable compaired with other games companies.

They also do come along with these Offline Backup files eventually .. But I dont think its been more than a couple of working days before, tomorrow will be working day 4, nearly a week after release, so I think someone forgot and they need a little reminder about these files.

I sometimes wonder if they regret using GOG, not only because of the offline files aswell as Galaxy Client update files, but also maintaining the game to still work offline without issue keeping their promise to us customers, despite being probably a minority group compaired to the rest of HelloGames customers.

Anyway, Charles M Schultz had a word for how I feel about DRM free GOG files always being a bit later than the rest .. AAUGH! :)
Post edited September 11, 2019 by alt3rn1ty
alt3rn1ty: I sometimes wonder if they regret using GOG, not only because of the offline files aswell as Galaxy Client update files, but also maintaining the game to still work offline without issue keeping their promise to us customers, despite being probably a minority group compaired to the rest of HelloGames customers.
I think since they switched to Steam Workshop (a bad move imho) they 100% do regret having a released version on GOG.

For a small team i guess GOG represents a compartaviely huge drain on resources they would probably rather be using somewhere else. There was also some 'bad blood' between GOG and them over the MP issues the GOG version had/has vs the Steam version so that can't have helped.

At the momment we probably should just be happy to get anything and i suspect HG are just doing the honorable thing in terms of carrying on supporting what must be tiny numbers of playes vs their main Steam/PS4 customer base.

Having said that i'm totally down with threads like this that keep reminding them WE did buy the game too and want to keep playing it at the same level of dev Steam customers enjoy.

So GOG+HG where is the offline download update please :)
It's a week since update and still nothing :(
Well heres some news - It looks like HG have been veeery busy since last week ..

https://steamcommunity.com/app/275850/discussions/0/2952595757880068564/

There's a few on that list that I think will solve some of the reports I submitted to Zendesk

So I for one dont mind skipping a version of the backup files if time is being invested in more good progress.
Bit overdue but 2.11 Offline Backup files are now available :)

Thank you to whoever made that happen.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by alt3rn1ty
** IMPORTANT **

I play with the installed NMS offline downloaders in regular fashion. The 2.11 is now provided BUT:

You must update from 2.09.3 > 2.11 or you must redownload the whole package (8GB+)

The update from 2.09.4 Hotfix > 2.11 will not work, I had to reinstall and go through the patches again skipping the 2.09.4 and update 2.09.3 > 2.11,

And then very important:
If you update to 2.11 your savegames will be wiped (not sure if I did hit the wrong option when uninstalling, so this may be the cause). You must backup them before if you want to go on with them !

Also since Beyond, the offline downloaders will give you NO online connectivity for the game, for that you need to play through GoG Galaxy.
Post edited September 13, 2019 by XenonS
XenonS: And then very important:
If you update to 2.11 your savegames will be wiped (not sure if I did hit the wrong option when uninstalling, so this may be the cause). You must backup them before if you want to go on with them !

Also since Beyond, the offline downloaders will give you NO online connectivity for the game, for that you need to play through GoG Galaxy.
I just uninstalled the game via GOG Galaxy, then uninstalled GOG Galaxy, then installed the game from the 2.11 offline backup installers ..

.. And all is fine, no missing save games the game continued without issue.

As for "No online connectivity" message on the discoveries screen, this has always been the case for GOG Offline Backup Installers since day 1, connectivity and anything multiplayer requires the GOG Galaxy client.

I have a bug report submitted to HelloGames Zendesk asking them if they will remove this redundant message for none galaxy users.

The game already can detect that it has no connectivity, because you will also notice you dont get the Network options listed in the games settings menu, they are hidden when you have just the Offline Backup without Galaxy.

So why do we see this "No online connectivity" message on the Discoveries screen, its no use and the game could hide it just as well as it can the Network Options menu .. We still get units for "pretending" to do the uploads, so whether connectivity is online / offline makes no difference to the player.

Edit : I wonder if you had saves you are trying to continue which previously have seen some multiplayer / online connectivity .. But are now not valid due to not having Galaxy installed and cant be used by the game. Even if I temporarily install the game via Galaxy to beta test the experimental versions of the game occasionally, I do not allow any online settings, I disable them, so my saves are always good no matter whether I have Galaxy or not (though its rare I will continue from beta testing saves, usually I re-install my backed up saves when reverting to none-experimental to ensure nothing experimental messes up my ongoing game - On this occasion I tried the saves made by experimental before replacing them with my backups, and had no issue with either when trying just to continue with 2.11).
Post edited September 13, 2019 by alt3rn1ty
@alt3rn1ty,
I know it's confusing but: In versions before Beyond I was able to play with my Avatar name here (XenonS) as account name in the game (the info you see above your credits in the game). Now, this has changed in Beyond because of the different MP system I guess. All the account names for offline downloaders are now set to be "Explorer". This is new, and unfortunate IMO. So: no more online connectivity.

In NEXT / Visions / Atlas Rises / ... I had online connectivity with offline downloaders, but I had to update my Win7 for the http protocol TLS 1.1 / TLS 1.2. This doesn't help anymore if I do it now.
But for Beyond, you have already given me a good HowTo here:
https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/online_connectivity_with_offline_backup_game_installers
Post edited September 13, 2019 by XenonS