It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi.

I'm getting quite a few 'Build Limit Reached' warnings on my new planetside base for what I'd say are just invalid positions.

I verfied this by simply rearanging some elements of the base, while retaining the total number of connected structures. I was then able to build exactly where I wanted to without any warnings.
ksj8ak2: Hi.

I'm getting quite a few 'Build Limit Reached' warnings on my new planetside base for what I'd say are just invalid positions.

I verfied this by simply rearanging some elements of the base, while retaining the total number of connected structures. I was then able to build exactly where I wanted to without any warnings.
I have a similar problem, but "invalid positions" don't seem to be the culprit. I built a 7x7x7 cube out of cuboid rooms from the outside in. However there is a seemingly random space close to the center of my construction where adding cubes results in "Construction limit reached". I can add cubes to the outside or build up, but even if I delete pieces I still can't build in the center. If I drop "Base Complexity" below ultra it still lets me add pieces. Is there anyway to remove building restrictions completely? I'm sure it won't crash as it clearly lets me build additional pieces and there is no positional conflict with cubes snapped together.
ksj8ak2: Hi.

ardbeg2019: I have a similar problem, but "invalid positions" don't seem to be the culprit. I built a 7x7x7 cube out of cuboid rooms from the outside in. However there is a seemingly random space close to the center of my construction where adding cubes results in "Construction limit reached". I can add cubes to the outside or build up, but even if I delete pieces I still can't build in the center. If I drop "Base Complexity" below ultra it still lets me add pieces. Is there anyway to remove building restrictions completely? I'm sure it won't crash as it clearly lets me build additional pieces and there is no positional conflict with cubes snapped together.
With Cuboid Rooms being my favourite building part, I 've also run into this. Cuboids I wanted to place would sometimes turn green for a split second, and I was able to place them by spamming the mouse (and in the process splattering Cuboids all over the place, in case I missed the snap point ...).

As a workaround, I reload a save or even restart the game. After that, I'm usually able to continue building. didn't check, if having multiplayer enabled has any effect.

You can remove base building restrictions by editing <PathToYourNMSInstallation>\Binaries\SETTINGS\TKGRAPHICSSETTINGS.MXML -- change RemoveBaseBuildingRestrictions from False to True.

I've only used that setting once for checking, if I could still use Cuboid Rooms on freighters (I can), but refrained from removing the restrictions permanently. There's enough odd behaviour in the current patch, I'd rather not risk adding to that, or hitting a brick wall in future patches :)

Also, I don't know, if that helps with the 'Invalid Position' errors we're encountering.