It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

birdbathscuba: #2 is very discouraging. Partly because the only thing I am doing is pulling up a list of the 5 different types of frigates, to READ, and partly because its such a burden on player to run back down to hanger to make a save. Ive lost hours worth of capital ship inventory item handling, muling, selling off stuff, packrat stuff from it, because I look on list, before resending out 5 new fleets. Its only place to see which frigates CAP out on XP. No more XP progress wheel displayed. I prefer not to send those back out, Ive got four capped frigates. SS Legendary xxx1 thru xxx4. Renaming um helps me keep track of the ones no longer gaining XPS, so it really stinks when NMS crashes, so far from a save point during strategy decision making.
Okay, I finally remembered to test this out (I tend to get sidetracked so easily in this game that I forget I've said I'll check things out). I didn't get a game crash in this specific scenario, but I did get a game freeze-up. Here's what I did:

Called the freighter into an asteroid field right outside the space station, so there were also ships flying into the station as well. Went up and did the Debrief of the commanders on my expeditions (I had three that had returned). No issues with the first two debriefs, but when going down the corridor from the second to the third, the game froze.Tried everything I could to get out of the game, but nothing worked, so went for the Task Manager shutdown. Got the popup message at that point that NMS was not responding and I chose the shut down option.

Reloaded and started again. This time after each debrief, I went back down to the starship and saved. No issues. After that was done, went to the command orb and browsed missions. Sent three missions out. I had no issues at all with that. No freezes, no crashes.

Not sure what caused the freeze-up, but I suspect it may have something to do with the mission rewards. The icons that pop up showing what you got are slow to load, and perhaps this is causing some kind of issue with the actual items themselves being transferred to the freighter inventory all while the character is running through the corridor. Who knows?

I should note that I've only had the game crash on me twice before and only frozen up on me once before (none of them aboard the freighter). This is over several hundred hours of play. So not sure if this was just coincidence or if it has something to do with the freighter mission interfaces and the asteroid field/shipping lanes. If I think of it next time I call my freighter, I'll test the conditions again.