It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

With 1.58, the Community Event feature is live. No spoilers for that, other than to note that I ran across a "glowing orb" while completing the quest.

But, when you return to the Anomaly, be careful not to speak to Nada -- or at least be darned sure you have a recent backup. The dialog I attempted with Nada when checking in at the Anomaly hung up at the final bit of conversation. Nothing worked to break it loose and so had to do the old standby CTRL-ALT-DEL. Annoying.

You will need to speak to Polo but it's possible that Nada needs a reboot.
dashiichi: With 1.58, the Community Event feature is live. No spoilers for that, other than to note that I ran across a "glowing orb" while completing the quest.
There are warnings and reports that saves will be destroyed if the player is in any galaxy other than Euclid. This mission transports the player to Euclid with no means to return so the player loses bases, all active quests are broken, etc.. A player already in a different galaxy would have to revert to the last save prior to performing this mission which kind of defeats the purpose.
Post edited August 30, 2018 by ChewyWeAreNotHome
dashiichi: With 1.58, the Community Event feature is live. No spoilers for that, other than to note that I ran across a "glowing orb" while completing the quest.
ChewyWeAreNotHome: There are warnings and reports that saves will be destroyed if the player is in any galaxy other than Euclid. This mission transports the player to Euclid with no means to return so the player loses bases, all active quests are broken, etc.. A player already in a different galaxy would have to revert to the last save prior to performing this mission which kind of defeats the purpose.
Yes, quite a few of those are popping up over at Steam now.

Probably best to wait on doing the Community Event thing until it's debugged a tad. It is cool to pop out of the portal on the far side into a mass of communication balls but may not be worth the risk for very little real gain.

Especially if you're not currently in Euclid.

If you want to risk it, please back up your saved games directory first. Some players past Euclid say they had no problems but, as Chewy notes, some are stuck in Euclid now and may find that their bases in the other galaxy are wiped out.
started the quest and went to planet via portal. but i cant find any of these hex cores. found about 50 salvaged technologie. no cores?!?
stealth75abc: started the quest and went to planet via portal. but i cant find any of these hex cores. found about 50 salvaged technologie. no cores?!?
I managed to find 8 cores, and then spent another 30 minutes running around and then using my ship to search. No more... It's a multi-day event, so I wonder if there's a limit to how many a day you can find. And if there is, why isn't this mentioned?! I'd like to get that new helmet. The other prizes aren't that interesting to me.
stealth75abc: started the quest and went to planet via portal. but i cant find any of these hex cores. found about 50 salvaged technologie. no cores?!?
It's possible that the "online services" link to Hello Games may be necessary in order for a buried salvaged technology item to be converted into the magic hex ball. I'm not sure how tightly the in-game link notification tracks with the actual connection to HG but I did seem to see a correlation.
i am frustrated. still cant find any hex cores. is there a way to leave the quest? cant use portal or galaxy map.
Why do any of the "events" all you get are decals for your trouble. I never even considered it.
misscrabtree456: Why do any of the "events" all you get are decals for your trouble. I never even considered it.
There are more things than decals, though most of the "prizes" are decals. There are a two statues of three different hues, an emote and a new suit helmet. The helmet is the only thing I'm really interested in, and that, of course is the most expensive. However, the helmet is 3000 quicksilver and I just got the first 25 to complete the initial quest and received 2000. So, not too bad.

Also, it says I can now find the cores anywhere in the galaxy. I'm going to test that now. I'm done running around the initial planet.
misscrabtree456: Why do any of the "events" all you get are decals for your trouble. I never even considered it.
Velgor: There are more things than decals, though most of the "prizes" are decals. There are a two statues of three different hues, an emote and a new suit helmet. The helmet is the only thing I'm really interested in, and that, of course is the most expensive. However, the helmet is 3000 quicksilver and I just got the first 25 to complete the initial quest and received 2000. So, not too bad.

Also, it says I can now find the cores anywhere in the galaxy. I'm going to test that now. I'm done running around the initial planet.
Oh yeah I remember that, now that you mention it. Yeah, I am not at the point where building a really good looking base is a priority. Also not very good at it.
Velgor: There are more things than decals, though most of the "prizes" are decals. There are a two statues of three different hues, an emote and a new suit helmet. The helmet is the only thing I'm really interested in, and that, of course is the most expensive. However, the helmet is 3000 quicksilver and I just got the first 25 to complete the initial quest and received 2000. So, not too bad.

Took the time to find an additional 50 hex cores; doing other stuff and/or stocking up on other supplies and they were on the way. The 50 probably made Polo very happy but he only dropped an additional 1250 silvers in my tray. ::sigh::

I'll continue to collect them when I'm out and about because why not? And the alternative reward that you dig up, the salvaged modules, can be sold for a reasonable return.
dashiichi: Yes, quite a few of those are popping up over at Steam now.

Probably best to wait on doing the Community Event thing until it's debugged a tad. It is cool to pop out of the portal on the far side into a mass of communication balls but may not be worth the risk for very little real gain.

Especially if you're not currently in Euclid.

If you want to risk it, please back up your saved games directory first. Some players past Euclid say they had no problems but, as Chewy notes, some are stuck in Euclid now and may find that their bases in the other galaxy are wiped out.
I would be one of those players.I guess a different visual on my helmet is cool and all but losing my base, with no way to recover it that I've found, isn't awesome.

I'd think long and HARD before I pursued this mission knowing what I know now.
Well at least it works for you.

Everytime I try to go through the portal, Purge decides to kick in and the game freezes into a white srceen.