It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
The new patch for NWN EE is now live and it includes many new features we've been waiting for. First of all, welcome new font and more UI scaling options. Yes! No more tiny or extremely large UI! Now you can scale it progressively! Second, new menu along with a new campaign launcher. It has a search engine and it even allows you to launch one of the best community modules without the necessity of downloading them manually! Finally, new water effects. The water looks now more realistic then ever! There are other changes as well. Check the full changelog: https://www.beamdog.com/news/patch-819323-launches-neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition/.

And to think I finished HotU once again last week. I guess it's time to come back... :)
Post edited May 20, 2021 by Sarafan
Looks great!
The offline installer is still an older version, it seems.
Guter: Looks great!
The offline installer is still an older version, it seems.
Yeah, the offline installers still aren't updated, but I expect this to change in the upcoming days. :)
Post edited May 21, 2021 by Sarafan
Thank you!
Guter: Thank you!
Just on the side note, these are only my assumptions given the fact that in the past GOG usually updated NWN EE offline installers in a few days after the patch was released. I presume that it'll be the same with yesterday's patch. :)
Offline installers seem to be up!
Hm, for me it still says 8139.20.1
Yeah, I still see the old version here.
Same here. The offline installers are still in the old version. They'll be updated eventually though.
It's always nice to see the classics get some TLC. Looking forward to it, once they update the offline installers that is.
The Linux offline installers went up yesterday. Beamdog like to keep everyone guessing.
Right, I'm on Linux, so that's why I saw the new versions. Sorry for not verifying other OSes.
Offline version is now up for Windows.

The variable UI scaling is a great feature.

Only tried it for 2 minutes, but it works very nice. Not the old blurry scaling, but nice rendered scalable fonts.

Hope it doesn't break anything...
Post edited May 26, 2021 by PeterScott
I just installed the update and now the game crashes on launch. I am running Linux Mint 20.1 XFCE 64-bit. The last time I updated, the same thing was happening due to the issue with fullscreen mode that this update supposedly fixed, so what gives? I deleted the settings file in .local/share/Neverwinter Nights and the application still just crashes. This time around I get the outline of a window in the center of my screen for a split second and that's it. It took me hours to fix the issues with the last update, and the experience is the same this time? Beamdog is terrible. Any help would be appreciated but I am sick of all the time I've had to put into troubleshooting updates.
Post edited May 28, 2021 by rawmilk905
Try to start the file "start.sh" in the command line terminal. If you see this error,

Running Neverwinter Nights: Enhanced Edition
Registering crash signal handlers.
Working Directory For Game Install Is: /home/username/Games
Working Directory For Your Resources Is: /home/username/.local/share/Neverwinter Nights
Could not divine nwn base data directory. Have to give up.
Make sure you are starting the game with your working directory setto the appropriate platform directory (i.e. <GAMEDATA>/bin/linux-x86)

("username" being your own username), then this will fix it:

Edit the start.sh and change the line

./"bin/linux-x86/nwmain-linux"

to the following TWO lines:

cd bin/linux-x86
./"nwmain-linux"

The game should start normally then. Strangely, this is the only change to the start.sh from the former release. I don't know why they changed this, as it breaks the game!? Hopefully, Beamdog will fix the new installer soon.

That said, I also would be nice if they'd release non-Galaxy (aka "offline") patch files instead of only a full install file, as they did for the Windows version.

Dear Beamdog, thanks for supporting Linux, but please treat it with the same level of regard as the Windows version!