It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi everyone,

i am making my first steps in using Linux, to be more precise, Linux Mint 17.2

I installed PlayOnLinux, and first tried the offered Installation script. That did not work, most likely that was made for an older Version of the GoG Installer.
Afterwards, i tried to install this as a non listed application. The Installation gave an error, but seemed to complete anyway. Also i read that errors like those can sometimes be ignored.
When i try to launch nwn2.exe using PoL, i get a black screen with no sound. If I Alt-Tab, i see that there is a message box that says something about Hardwareaccelleration being disabled.

I am still quite a Linux noob,so i do not really know how to proceed. Any help is appreciated.
This question / problem has been solved by Epsilonimage
Hi there
You need to install some libraries in your playonlinux prefix. They are d3dx9 and dxdiag. Then Neverwinter Nights 2 will run perfectly.
First is the required dlls for running the game. Second is the tool thats provided with directx to display system information. Neverwinter NIghts 2 uses the same functions to figure out what your hardware is. So if you have dxdiag in your prefex, Neverwinter Nights 2 can tell what kind of hardware is available to it, and what the hardware is capable of.
Enjoy.
Post edited August 25, 2015 by Epsilon
Yay, that actually worked :)
I already had d3dx9 installed in that prefix, and installing dxdiag made the game work :)

Thanks a lot.