It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Me and 3 friends of mine like playing co-op online games. We are seriously considering buying this game to play together online co-op on its campaign. 2 of these friends of mine (twin brothers) played it in the distant past offline and found it very good, despite not having good understanding of the D&D 3.5e mechanics used in the game. We are also into the D&D 3.5e during the recent years, so this game is the closest we can get to it, with its large variety of base and prestige classes. Not to mention it has low requirements so the laptop of one of my friends will be able to handle it.

Before buying the game, I need some help from you in the form of info. What I really need to know are the following:

1) Is the co-op campaign online (not LAN) possible nowadays? If yes, does it require a special method other than just selecting it from the in-game menu? Has anyone made it work as of this time of writing?

2) If online co-op campaign is indeed possible, what characters do players control? Does the host control the main character and the other players use the standard party members or can all 4 of us make different custom characters and join the adventure?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your responses! Any further info will surely be appreciated!
This question / problem has been solved by Sir_Will_The_Okayimage
Nemesis100000000: Hello everybody! I wish you all a Happy New Year!

Me and 3 friends of mine like playing co-op online games. We are seriously considering buying this game to play together online co-op on its campaign. 2 of these friends of mine (twin brothers) played it in the distant past offline and found it very good, despite not having good understanding of the D&D 3.5e mechanics used in the game. We are also into the D&D 3.5e during the recent years, so this game is the closest we can get to it, with its large variety of base and prestige classes. Not to mention it has low requirements so the laptop of one of my friends will be able to handle it.

Before buying the game, I need some help from you in the form of info. What I really need to know are the following:

1) Is the co-op campaign online (not LAN) possible nowadays? If yes, does it require a special method other than just selecting it from the in-game menu? Has anyone made it work as of this time of writing?

2) If online co-op campaign is indeed possible, what characters do players control? Does the host control the main character and the other players use the standard party members or can all 4 of us make different custom characters and join the adventure?

Thank you all in advance and I look forward to your responses! Any further info will surely be appreciated!
Each player controls his or her own character.
Sir_Will_The_Okay: Each player controls his or her own character.
Thank you for your reply! Do they control their own characters on the campaign modules already in the game (Official Campaign, Mask of the Betrayer, Storms of Zehir etc.)?

Thank you again in advance
Sir_Will_The_Okay: Each player controls his or her own character.
Nemesis100000000: Thank you for your reply! Do they control their own characters on the campaign modules already in the game (Official Campaign, Mask of the Betrayer, Storms of Zehir etc.)?

As previously stated, each player controls his own character...regardless of campaign or module.
Nemesis100000000: Thank you for your reply! Do they control their own characters on the campaign modules already in the game (Official Campaign, Mask of the Betrayer, Storms of Zehir etc.)?

TNAndy: As previously stated, each player controls his own character...regardless of campaign or module.
Thank you very much for your answer!