It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I need to find the full 1.69 Patch and I thought I was successful but when I tried to install it, it told me it could not find my game. Does the Diamond Edition require different patches or something? I'm really stumped and I need help!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
reionpremente: I need to find the full 1.69 Patch and I thought I was successful but when I tried to install it, it told me it could not find my game. Does the Diamond Edition require different patches or something? I'm really stumped and I need help!
English language GoG Diamond NWN is already fully patched to 1.69.

Adding the 1.69 patch does nothing at all. So you don't need it if playing in the English language version.
reionpremente: I need to find the full 1.69 Patch and I thought I was successful but when I tried to install it, it told me it could not find my game. Does the Diamond Edition require different patches or something? I'm really stumped and I need help!
PeterScott: English language GoG Diamond NWN is already fully patched to 1.69.

Adding the 1.69 patch does nothing at all. So you don't need it if playing in the English language version.
Well, the game is screwed up as I'll get out... the mouse and keyboard lock up so I can't get out of it, and it won't get past the first few screens. It locks at the opening where you make your selections and I can't even shut it down and instead I have to logout of Win 10 completely. Is there ANYTHING I can do to make this thing work?

Also there was talk online that it was missing several major .DLL files and that's why it needed the Critical Update.
Post edited November 21, 2017 by reionpremente

reionpremente: Well, the game is screwed up as I'll get out... the mouse and keyboard lock up so I can't get out of it, and it won't get past the first few screens. It locks at the opening where you make your selections and I can't even shut it down and instead I have to logout of Win 10 completely. Is there ANYTHING I can do to make this thing work?

reionpremente: Also there was talk online that it was missing several major .DLL files and that's why it needed the Critical Update.
Different languages have different issue, some people mistakenly assume what applies to one, applies to all it doesn't.

Other languages are still at 1.68, so they need the 1.69 patch. But the English is already 1.69, and the patch will do nothing.

If your install is screwed up, you could try reinstalling.
If it cannot find your game then it points to missing or incorrect registry values, which a re-install should fix.

It would also be a good idea after uninstalling to completely remove the NWN folder (and any NWN ones in your user documents folders) before re-installing - I know NWN 2 made some in there but cannot remember if NWN 1 did.
Post edited November 21, 2017 by jimbobslimbob
Also do not install in program (86) files.....it is a screwed system from Windows on any version of Windows......(access rights/ and and and)

Best install like in D:\GOGGames\Neverwinter Nights Diamond Edition.

About the dlls... do you have directplay and directx 9.0c installed? (in this order and for directplay do DISABLE Antivirus during install....)
Post edited November 22, 2017 by Goodaltgamer