It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everybody. I'm trying to launch the game in 1920x1080 with my amd graphic card (AMD Radeon HD 6570), but the game screen is very little and not wide. The settings I used to solve this kind of problem with other games don't seem to work. I attach my configuration in the AMD Control Center.
I also launch the game as administrator and in Windows XP compatibility mode (otherwise it doesn't launch).
Attachments:
1.png (134 Kb)
2.jpg (351 Kb)
I have an Nvidia card, and I can't get it to work on 1920x1080 (16:9) either.
I mean, it works, but the screen flickers insanely and it's terrible to look at.
I have a GTX 1070 and I can't even run the game on 1080p since the mouse pointer is in a weird position (or when I click, it is further away) and only running it at 800x600 seems to make it a smooth experience. i would really like to play this game on 4K resolution or at least 1080p fullscreen. 1080p in windowed mode works fine. Very weird and I wasn't expecting it to be so problematic.
Unowenn: I have a GTX 1070 and I can't even run the game on 1080p since the mouse pointer is in a weird position (or when I click, it is further away) and only running it at 800x600 seems to make it a smooth experience. i would really like to play this game on 4K resolution or at least 1080p fullscreen. 1080p in windowed mode works fine. Very weird and I wasn't expecting it to be so problematic.
Can I ask you how to put it in windowed mode? I don't see any option.
Unowenn: I have a GTX 1070 and I can't even run the game on 1080p since the mouse pointer is in a weird position (or when I click, it is further away) and only running it at 800x600 seems to make it a smooth experience. i would really like to play this game on 4K resolution or at least 1080p fullscreen. 1080p in windowed mode works fine. Very weird and I wasn't expecting it to be so problematic.
spogghi: Can I ask you how to put it in windowed mode? I don't see any option.
You go to the game's instalation folder, find "nwn.ini", open it with notepad and add the lines or moddify (depends on what you already have)

FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

That was the only way i could get it to run at 1080p and the mouse pointer to work normally. But I hate windowed mode and it's ridiculous. I played this game OK 5 years ago on a crap laptop and now I can't run it on a high-end PC?
The solution was very simple. The intro videos and the menu image are of that specific dimension and they don't scale up. When I start the game however, it plays in 1920x1080. I guess I should have tested it earlier.
Post edited December 01, 2016 by spogghi
I finally found a solution thanks to animagnum.

www.gog.com/forum/neverwinter_nights_series/nwn_1_larger_ui

"I have had this problem on my laptop ever since I got it. I tried all sorts of things to fix it but I couldn't get the game to scale properly. I could either run the game in a huge resolution and it was hard to read, or I could run the game in a window and it was still hard to read. It seemed to be a problem specifically with Intel Iris-based onboard graphics cards but I've heard of some other people having similar issues with other cards. ANYWAY, I finally found what I think will fix the forced resolution issue for most people (or at least people on Iris cards, e.g. Macs running Bootcamp).

1. Make sure you get the latest Intel drivers. A more recent update seems to be a key factor. I am using version 15.36.23.4251 from here

2. Open the Intel Iris Graphics Control Panel from the system tray, go to the Display section and make sure that Scale Full Screen and Override Application Settings are enabled.

3. Make a new shortcut on your desktop for nwmain.exe. I had a problem with changing Galaxy's shortcut because it kept reverting to its original form.

4. Enable "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" in the Compatibility tab of the shortcut you created.

5. Open nwn.ini in the root of the NWN Diamond folder and modify the Width and Height values under [Display Options] to the desired resolution. You might not need to do this but it won't hurt. Save before closing.

6. Open the game from the shortcut you created in step 3.

The game should run in whatever resolution you want now so you can deal with UI scaling issues on high-density displays. I am on a 2560x1600 display but I'm running the game in 1280x800 and it looks great. I previously was unable to play it because of the UI being so small and hard to read."

Hope this might help any new owners of NWN Diamond, who were having resolution issues such as the ones I had. Take care and enjoy this wonderful RPG!
Post edited December 02, 2016 by Unowenn
spogghi: Can I ask you how to put it in windowed mode? I don't see any option.
Unowenn: You go to the game's instalation folder, find "nwn.ini", open it with notepad and add the lines or moddify (depends on what you already have)

FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

That was the only way i could get it to run at 1080p and the mouse pointer to work normally. But I hate windowed mode and it's ridiculous. I played this game OK 5 years ago on a crap laptop and now I can't run it on a high-end PC?
I've been trying to get this to work but it's not doing anything.
Unowenn: You go to the game's instalation folder, find "nwn.ini", open it with notepad and add the lines or moddify (depends on what you already have)

FullScreen=0
AllowWindowedMode=1

pdxphreek: I've been trying to get this to work but it's not doing anything.
You shouldn't need to do any of that. This game supports just about any native resolution. I have played it at 2560x1600 on 30" monitor at native resolution and it just works. These days I play at 1920x1200 at native resolution, since I got rid of the 30".

The only issue is if you want to play at some non-native resolution, then it is up to you graphic card driver settings what happens.

On starting screen: Second Box from bottom: Options
On Option Screen: Second box from Top: Video Options
On Video Option Screen,
Top Box: Set Resolution (pick the resolution of your monitor)
Bottoms Box: Advanced Video Options:
Bottom Checkbox: Use High Resolution Font

It only gets weird if you want to play at non-native resolution. Why would you want to do that?
I was having issues with the mouse pointer not lining up with the buttons and the intro stuff looking all wonky.
Turns out you just make a shortcut of the .exe file, go into properties, then go to the compatibility tab and check "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings. Works fine now!
Post edited December 02, 2016 by pdxphreek