It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hey, this game looks great but I can't get it to run above 800x600 without running in an increasingly smaller box boarded by black bars on all sides proportionate with resolution. I've tried changing the res in the ini as well as messing with numerous gpu/display scaling options in Nvidia control panel.

Specs:
GTX 980
Win 10
27 inch 1920x2080 PC LG monitor

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: I'm running NWN Diamond
Post edited January 01, 2017 by primepaladin
This question / problem has been solved by PeterScottimage
primepaladin: Hey, this game looks great but I can't get it to run above 800x600 without running in an increasingly smaller box boarded by black bars on all sides proportionate with resolution. I've tried changing the res in the ini as well as messing with numerous gpu/display scaling options in Nvidia control panel.

Specs:
GTX 980
Win 10
27 inch 1920x2080 PC LG monitor

Thanks in advance for any help!

Edit: I'm running NWN Diamond
There is a common misconception where people just look at the menu and think the game is not adjusting resolution properly, but it is.

The menu of this game does NOT scale. The higher the resolution your run, the smaller it gets. But it is just for the menu.

You have to get into the actual game(your character is running around), to actually see it in full screen.

Beyond that it is not game settings, but OS/Driver settings. Here are some things that create issues.

Disable Windows Scaling: it in your nwmain,exe compatibility tab.
Only change what red arrow points to:
https://i.stack.imgur.com/67ZLH.png

IMO it is also best to let the monitor handle scaling, so setup like the following. No Scaling, and Perform Scaling on Display.
http://cdn.overclock.net/5/57/5747632d_FPVgc5K.png
Do NOT override the scaling mode set by games and programs.

There is a common misconception where people just look at the menu and think the game is not adjusting resolution properly, but it is.

The menu of this game does NOT scale. The higher the resolution your run, the smaller it gets. But it is just for the menu.

You have to get into the actual game(your character is running around), to actually see it in full screen.

This is what the issue was. I'm stupid, thank you for your help!