It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Just downloaded the full installer. After installation, the app takes a minute or so then briefly shows a splash screen of some kind (blue color) and then crashes and quits.

Running on Mac OS X Catalina, on a MacBook Pro 16" model about six months old.

After it not launching, deleted the app and the support files, redownloaded the installer and tried again.

During installation it asks for permission to control UI Server, I clicked Continue button. Installation Successful message.

Same results. About 30 seconds after launching, menu bar appears, then brief flash of blue code weavers screen then the app quits.

Also tried changing the screen resolution to all of the available options in system preferences, none of them altered the behavior, still crashing on launch.
Post edited August 31, 2020 by LKYGOG
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
LKYGOG: Just downloaded the full installer. After installation, the app takes a minute or so then briefly shows a splash screen of some kind (blue color) and then crashes and quits.

Running on Mac OS X Catalina, on a MacBook Pro 16" model about six months old.

After it not launching, deleted the app and the support files, redownloaded the installer and tried again.

During installation it asks for permission to control UI Server, I clicked Continue button. Installation Successful message.

Same results. About 30 seconds after launching, menu bar appears, then brief flash of blue code weavers screen then the app quits.

Also tried changing the screen resolution to all of the available options in system preferences, none of them altered the behavior, still crashing on launch.
I believe this issue is related to the fact that macOS has dropped support of 32-bit programs since 10.15, see also the Myst IV store page on GOG (https://www.gog.com/game/myst_4).

Unfortunately, I am unaware of any workarounds, apart from working in a virtual Windows environment.
In 2019, Apple made application requirement changes for MacOS Catalina and all its later Operating Systems, including Big Sur - namely, that all apps are 64-bit only.  

Cyan is working with Codeweavers, the developers who helped us update the Myst series of games in 2018, to make them compliant with Apple's update requirements.

Until the developers' work is complete, some of our games may be unusable if your MacOS is updated to Catalina or later Operating Systems on Mac.   

If your MacOS is Catalina or later, the non-64-bit compliant games listed below will not run on your Mac at this time.

Cyan's games that are available for MacOS that are 64-bit compliant:

Obduction
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Myst III: Exile

Cyan's games that available for MacOS that are not currently 64-bit compliant:

Myst IV: Revelation
Myst V: End of Ages
URU: Complete Chronicles

We are working on the digital fix for the affected games and hope to have the remedy in place as soon as possible. We don't have an estimate for when this will be complete.
Thank you for the update! Looking forward to the fix :)
Just found out that both GOG and Cyan have just given up and just now made it for Windows only ending Mac support. Even that some found a fix to do something with ScummVM.
thisithis: Just found out that both GOG and Cyan have just given up and just now made it for Windows only ending Mac support. Even that some found a fix to do something with ScummVM.
Not true. Read the post above, copied here below:

In 2019, Apple made application requirement changes for MacOS Catalina and all its later Operating Systems, including Big Sur - namely, that all apps are 64-bit only.

Cyan is working with Codeweavers, the developers who helped us update the Myst series of games in 2018, to make them compliant with Apple's update requirements.

Until the developers' work is complete, some of our games may be unusable if your MacOS is updated to Catalina or later Operating Systems on Mac.

If your MacOS is Catalina or later, the non-64-bit compliant games listed below will not run on your Mac at this time.

Cyan's games that are available for MacOS that are 64-bit compliant:

Obduction
Myst: Masterpiece Edition
realMyst: Masterpiece Edition
Riven: The Sequel to Myst
Myst III: Exile

Cyan's games that available for MacOS that are not currently 64-bit compliant:

Myst IV: Revelation
Myst V: End of Ages
URU: Complete Chronicles

We are working on the digital fix for the affected games and hope to have the remedy in place as soon as possible. We don't have an estimate for when this will be complete.
Those 3 you can still play in Porting Kit on your Mac on Catalina 10.15.4 and Big Sur 11.1.x and up. You do need the GOG.com offline backup setup installers for these to install the game into Porting Kit. Enjoy.
Post edited May 09, 2021 by drpaulthetall
Hi guys. This is my first post on a forum like this. I just bought and downloaded myst revelation, excited to play it after exile. But now it crashes and i'm reading that it won't work on Mac? I wonder if we could get an update as to how it's coming along to make Revelation work on Mac :) Thank you in advance!
Linde_Joel: Hi guys. This is my first post on a forum like this. I just bought and downloaded myst revelation, excited to play it after exile. But now it crashes and i'm reading that it won't work on Mac? I wonder if we could get an update as to how it's coming along to make Revelation work on Mac :) Thank you in advance!
Hi Linde,

The update is: Cyan and Codeweavers are still working on this issue for Myst IV, V, and URU: Complete Chronicles.

We had all hoped to get these games updated long ago, but circumstances have not been kind.

We'll be providing an update as soon as there is news to ashare.
Stone_Hardgod: The update is: Cyan and Codeweavers are still working on this issue for Myst IV, V, and URU: Complete Chronicles.

We had all hoped to get these games updated long ago, but circumstances have not been kind.

Any process on this? It's been two years already.
Stone_Hardgod: The update is: Cyan and Codeweavers are still working on this issue for Myst IV, V, and URU: Complete Chronicles.

TOMillr: Any process on this? It's been two years already.
It's still being worked on by Codeweavers and Cyan. Nothing new to report.