It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So when I get into tournaments /Arena, the enemies can attack me with a sword up to 5 times in around 2 seconds and just perma stunlock me.

Settings: Combat AI: Good, Campaign AI: Good.

Is this just a case of high level ai cheating or is this a legit bug?
This question / problem has been solved by GeistSRimage
calastor: So when I get into tournaments /Arena, the enemies can attack me with a sword up to 5 times in around 2 seconds and just perma stunlock me.

It depends on two things; relative weapon speed differences (i.e., their weapons may be faster), and how relatively new you are to the combat system. There is a significant learning curve to melee combat system in M&B, and if you're just starting then you have a double whammy in effect ... your character is weak and undeveloped, and so are you (the player). Both are remedied with experience.

That said, I've logged a couple hundred hours into Warband, and I freely admit that I suck at foot-soldier melee combat. I do alright against a single foe, but against multiples I tend to lose (as realistically should be the case). I much prefer archery and mounted combat (where I can run away like brave, brave Sir Robin) ... I lean heavily toward mounted archery ... but that isn't always an option when caught flat-footed in an in-town ambush. However, having your character gain levels, increase strength, and increase weapon skills does help ease the pain.

Good luck to ya.
No, turning all the difficulty settings up definitely makes them swing faster than you can, even with the same weapons. If you want to play melee and actually enjoy the experience, I recommend turning it down a notch.
calastor: So when I get into tournaments /Arena, the enemies can attack me with a sword up to 5 times in around 2 seconds and just perma stunlock me.

ditchinit: It depends on two things; relative weapon speed differences (i.e., their weapons may be faster), and how relatively new you are to the combat system. There is a significant learning curve to melee combat system in M&B, and if you're just starting then you have a double whammy in effect ... your character is weak and undeveloped, and so are you (the player). Both are remedied with experience.

That said, I've logged a couple hundred hours into Warband, and I freely admit that I suck at foot-soldier melee combat. I do alright against a single foe, but against multiples I tend to lose (as realistically should be the case). I much prefer archery and mounted combat (where I can run away like brave, brave Sir Robin) ... I lean heavily toward mounted archery ... but that isn't always an option when caught flat-footed in an in-town ambush. However, having your character gain levels, increase strength, and increase weapon skills does help ease the pain.

Good luck to ya.
Well, actually the game is poorly designed in this regard. While experience SHOULD be the primary factor. It sadly is not. I'm up to level 36 and no matter what I do with ANY melee situation, my character is killed quickly. The reason why is they made the enemies just rush you and not have ANY though of staying alive. So you can kill 1 enemy no problem because they stupidly keep ramming into your face. But when 5+ do that, it is not possible to deflect the other 4+ in coming attacks. Which would make sense to some degree, but If I was facing a dude with an 18" chunk of sharp metal, that wanted my ass dead. I sure as shit wouldn't rush the prick like I had a death wish lol

THAT is the bad programming I talk about. =D

ditchinit: It depends on two things; relative weapon speed differences (i.e., their weapons may be faster), and how relatively new you are to the combat system. There is a significant learning curve to melee combat system in M&B, and if you're just starting then you have a double whammy in effect ... your character is weak and undeveloped, and so are you (the player). Both are remedied with experience.

Good luck to ya.
Thanks, I am not new to the game. I am new to the higher difficulty however. It seems like what GeistSR says seems to be accurate. They swing like they're glitched or like they can react as soon as they've finished a swing.
Post edited March 23, 2015 by calastor
Just to be clear, I wouldn't call it a bug. It seems to work 'as intended' in the sense that they act faster. It's just not much fun trying to play under those conditions.