It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I'm using Linux Mint Quiana and I'm getting this message:

error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.1.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any suggestions on what to do?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
GrossorMD: I'm using Linux Mint Quiana and I'm getting this message:

error while loading shared libraries: libGLEW.so.1.10: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Any suggestions on what to do?
I just had the same problem with missing dependencies, if you want to do the "right way" go to synaptic and find those libraries... or you can find any distributions installer file such as a .deb or a .rpm and open them as an archive, extract them and place them into /usr/lib/i389-linux-gnu as root without any installation required,
Post edited November 13, 2014 by coryrj1995
Tried synaptic... apparently I already have one libGLEW.so.1.10 installed... and it doesnt suffice.

I guess it's one of those 32 bits vs 64 bit problems? (I have a 64bits system, forgot to mention that).

I can't find an i389 folder... and placing the folder with the file contents in i386-linux-gnu did not seem to do the trick...

PD: sudo apt-get install libglew1.10:i386 solved that particular trick. More dependencies to go...

If it keeps working with each of them, and it doesn't break anything, I'll post the results, in case someone gets the same problem
Post edited November 13, 2014 by GrossorMD
GrossorMD: Tried synaptic... apparently I already have one libGLEW.so.1.10 installed... and it doesnt suffice.

I guess it's one of those 32 bits vs 64 bit problems? (I have a 64bits system, forgot to mention that).

I can't find an i389 folder... and placing the folder with the file contents in i386-linux-gnu did not seem to do the trick...

PD: sudo apt-get install libglew1.10:i386 solved that particular trick. More dependencies to go...

If it keeps working with each of them, and it doesn't break anything, I'll post the results, in case someone gets the same problem
Hello,

I've created a simple patch to make the game run without installing any packages to your system :-)

Just download the file from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw5Xv02Yq2HrR2I0YldfWkFWY0E&authuser=0

Extract it and move it where you installed the game, it will run instantly. It will work on Linux Mint 32 and 64 bit and doesn't make any changes to your system.

EDIT: The package includes all required libraries/dependancies to run the game.
Post edited June 03, 2015 by Ganni1987
GrossorMD: Tried synaptic... apparently I already have one libGLEW.so.1.10 installed... and it doesnt suffice.

sorry, that was a typo, meant i386, and Ganni1987's files will work perfect for this.
hope you get your game running!
Same problem on Ubuntu 14.04.
kellzap: Same problem on Ubuntu 14.04.
When buying games for Linux always look near the System requirements area of the game's page. There's the list of all the libraries required for each game.

Attached a screenshot for reference. If you want download my patch from my earlier post above and see if that solves the problem.
Attachments:
Post edited November 15, 2014 by Ganni1987
There's a simple workaround.

Option 1: Steam linux client has a nice storage of libraries under ~/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/ (32bit in this case, as those are the libs that M&B rebuires). Just do the following:

find ~/.local/share/Steam -name *libGLEW* #replace with any library you'd be looking for
/home/XXX/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.10

and then symlink the required library to your game catalogue, eg.

ln -s /home/xxx/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libGLEW.so.1.10 /PATH/TO/WARBAND/GAME/libGLEW.so.1.10 #this must be catalogue where mb_warband_linux executable file can be found.

If you really want to, you may aswell copy them.

But remember to check your distro's repositories to see if they don't actually contain needed libs? Don't want to use steam? You can also look for appropriate libs on the internet, as usually they're all around the internet anyway. This will work on any distro, as it's only a matter placing appropriate libs in appropriate catalogue.

Option 2:
Just modify the mb_warband.sh file found in the game directory, and change the LD_LIBRARY_PATH variable:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY:/home/XXX/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386/usr/lib/i386-l inux-gnu/"

Of course in place of XXX enter your user login
Post edited November 15, 2014 by Eeeerie
Eeeerie: Don't want to use steam? You can also look for appropriate libs on the internet, as usually they're all around the internet anyway. This will work on any distro, as it's only a matter placing appropriate libs in appropriate catalogue.
A good site for this is http://pkgs.org/ . It's where I get most of my libraries from. :-)

Great post overall.

Personally I dislike installing libraries when it comes to games in Linux. I like my games as portable as possible.
Eeeerie: Don't want to use steam? You can also look for appropriate libs on the internet, as usually they're all around the internet anyway. This will work on any distro, as it's only a matter placing appropriate libs in appropriate catalogue.
Ganni1987: A good site for this is http://pkgs.org/ . It's where I get most of my libraries from. :-)

Great post overall.

Personally I dislike installing libraries when it comes to games in Linux. I like my games as portable as possible.
Agreed. Let's hope we'll get more native clients like Wasteland 2 or Icewind EE, they didn't require anything I wouldn't already have.

Ganni1987: Hello,

I've created a simple patch to make the game run without installing any packages to your system :-)

Just download the file from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw5Xv02Yq2HrUmE5Ri1xcVI4WFE/

Extract it and move it where you installed the game, it will run instantly. It will work on Linux Mint 32 and 64 bit and doesn't make any changes to your system.

I moved the extracted files to /usr/games , this is where gog-mount-and-blade-warband is located, but still no luck.

edit: I downloaded the tar archive and it works. I was trying to use the .deb originally. Thanks!
Post edited November 18, 2014 by Discovery2000one
Ganni1987: I've created a simple patch to make the game run without installing any packages to your system :-)

Just download the file from my google drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw5Xv02Yq2HrUmE5Ri1xcVI4WFE/

Can you upload it again? I have installes the necessary libs with apt, but it the game still chrash. I hope I have more luck with your libs.
Ganni1987: I've created a simple patch to make the game run without installing any packages to your system :-)

Patsche85: Can you upload it again? I have installes the necessary libs with apt, but it the game still chrash. I hope I have more luck with your libs.
Here you go: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bw5Xv02Yq2HrR2I0YldfWkFWY0E&authuser=0

Thanks for pointing that out actually, I forgot I had removed that file. Shortly after I created a an updated one.
edit "game/mb_warband.sh"

#!/bin/sh

STEAM_RT="${HOME}/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/i386"
PROGRAM_DIRECTORY="`dirname "$0"`"
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="${STEAM_RT}/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${STEAM_RT}/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu:${PROGRAM_DIRECTORY}"

"$PROGRAM_DIRECTORY/mb_warband_linux" "$@"

it will use steam libs you dont have to link all of them... launch mb_warband.sh
Hi, I also had issues with my libraries for this game, I ended up using all of the libraries you have uploaded except "libtxc_dxtn.so", plus some more. I will upload a zip in my G drive just like you did, Ganni1987, I will include the one I didn't use as well.

Thanks a lot Ganni1987, you were most helpful. I hope the new upload with the extra libs will be helpful as well.

the link for my Drive upload is:
drive.google.com/folderview?id=0BwY5nE0jf5P0bTE1cE13RVFROU0&usp=sharing
Post edited June 16, 2016 by orestes1986