It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone,

I'm desperate.
I tried everything by now, but I can't even start the game.
I hoped the update would fix things, but it didn't.

I haven't even played for 5mins, Moonlighter always crashes on startup with the same error (Access Violation).
Fun part is, the game starts with the error message and keeps running. If I ignore the message, I can get a few minutes out of it.

The first error logs had a report section about my xinput1_3.dll (DirectX), but I managed to fix that.
The error logs now just state the Access Violation.

I tried so far:
Reinstalling
Deactivating anything related to anti virus
ignoring the crash message and playing anyways (lasts for about 5min then the game closes)
reinstalling every possible version of Direct X

I really want to play the game.

Please, can anyone help me?

P.S.: Husband's got the exact same system, same OS, same hardware + driver versions and he can start Moonlighter just fine :(

-------------------------------------------------------------------

edit 2018-09-30:

Since I dislike unfinished threads, here's what happened:

I wrote the devs via their homepage and they answered and tried to help me fix the problem.
It was a very nice surprise to get an answer from developers, that was new to me. So, to any dev reading this: THANK YOU! :)))

In the end, the problem was somewhere in my windows installation (since after the Moonlighter many other new games and programs started making problems). Something was seriously wrong with my UAC (user account control) which had let to several Visual C++ installation errors, DirectX installation errors and so on... Even "Runtime all in one", other tools and de- and re-installing everything didn't help.

Reinstalling windows was the only solution.

Moonligher, alongside everything else, works just fine now. :)

((Thread can be closed))
Post edited September 30, 2018 by ecips
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
ecips: Hello everyone,

I'm desperate.
I tried everything by now, but I can't even start the game.
I hoped the update would fix things, but it didn't.

I haven't even played for 5mins, Moonlighter always crashes on startup with the same error (Access Violation).
Fun part is, the game starts with the error message and keeps running. If I ignore the message, I can get a few minutes out of it.

The first error logs had a report section about my xinput1_3.dll (DirectX), but I managed to fix that.
The error logs now just state the Access Violation.

I tried so far:
Reinstalling
Deactivating anything related to anti virus
ignoring the crash message and playing anyways (lasts for about 5min then the game closes)
reinstalling every possible version of Direct X

I really want to play the game.

Please, can anyone help me?

P.S.: Husband's got the exact same system, same OS, same hardware + driver versions and he can start Moonlighter just fine :(
why dont you try contacting gog.com support, that way you can get your money back or fix it