It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there!

I've given into the temptation and bought the Might&Magic RPG-classics bundle.
Up until now I've tried to play MM7, both with wine 1.6.2 and PlayOnLinux (wine 1.5.8).

It runs fine, but unplayable fast - is there a way to fix this?

The computer I'm using is a ThinkPad T410i Frankenpad, with an Intel Core i5-430M, 2,26 GHz, a dedictated graphics card, nVidia NVS 3100M, 256 MB RAM and 8GB of RAM. The OS is Debian Sid, the wm is i3wm if that's of any relevance.

Thanks in advance!
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Try this patch - GrayFace MM7 Patch
U03C6: ...MM7, with wine 1.6.2 ... It runs fine, but unplayable fast ...The OS is Debian Sid...
You could try running Wine only on one core instead of your 2 (or virtual 4) with taskset
Set CPU affinity for core 1 like this:
taskset -c 1 wine program_name.exe
taskset man page: http://linux.die.net/man/1/taskset

With your Nvidia card you could also try enabling the OpenGL sync-to-vblank setting.
Run: nvidia-settings
- Choose "OpenGL Settings" and tick the "Sync to VBlank" option
U03C6: Hi there!

I've given into the temptation and bought the Might&Magic RPG-classics bundle.
Up until now I've tried to play MM7, both with wine 1.6.2 and PlayOnLinux (wine 1.5.8).

It runs fine, but unplayable fast - is there a way to fix this?

The computer I'm using is a ThinkPad T410i Frankenpad, with an Intel Core i5-430M, 2,26 GHz, a dedictated graphics card, nVidia NVS 3100M, 256 MB RAM and 8GB of RAM. The OS is Debian Sid, the wm is i3wm if that's of any relevance.

Thanks in advance!
Has to be something in the OS/emulator combo you are using--a timing issue. On Win8.1x64, on a 6-core FX-6300 running at 4.5Ghz, the game runs at normal speed without any tinkering in that regard. Don't need to use a core-limiter, etc. Debian is about the farthest thing imaginable from being Windows' game/emulator friendly, imo.

M&M7 with D3d acceleration enabled and a mod (MM7restool.exe) looks and runs great @ almost any 4:3 resolution up to and including 1600x1200. I play at 1280x960, with 8xEQ FSAA and 16x anisotropic filtering (forced from gpu driver), as for me with my 27" 1920x1200 monitor it is the best balance between the game environment and the size of maps & text. 1600x1200 looks really nice for the game environment--but the maps and text are just too small for me.
Post edited June 27, 2014 by waltc