It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Completed 6 thru 8 just recently and starting 9. I've read this entire board and noticed a lot of support for patches for these games. I played 6-8 without additional tweeking with no issues or difficulties. I understand that 9 was released as a total trainwreck twenty years ago. I also understand that there have been improvements to the program over the years. What issues, if any, can I expect. Windows 10 with the gog install. Thanks
last time I played this without any patches I got stuck in an university as the door to get out stopped working making the quest and game completely uncompleteable. you'll have plenty of bugs even with the patches but you'll actually be able to complete the game if you so choose.
How long ago was that and were you using the gog version?
All the technical troubleshooting should be covered here.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Might_and_Magic_IX

There is one potential softlock to watch out for. You will at one point be asked to return in one day for an important meeting. Make sure to attend or you will not be able to complete the main quest.
GeistSR: All the technical troubleshooting should be covered here.

https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Might_and_Magic_IX

There is one potential softlock to watch out for. You will at one point be asked to return in one day for an important meeting. Make sure to attend or you will not be able to complete the main quest.
Thanks for the link. First time I've seen a list of issues and the fixes. I appreciate being reassured that the gog release comes pre fixed.
I've experienced a couple freezes during reloading a game already in session. Not a problem as I'm constantly saving.
Post edited December 18, 2023 by dabugler
I completed the game on Win 10 yesterday. The only bug I encountered was when saving in the arena the game would crash. Apparently this is a known issue and I simply zoned out to the city area and saved there instead

Hang on, I do remember a few freezes while saving, but this was after playing for a while.

I found that if you completely quit out of the game every so often then this didn't happen. Every save seemed to take longer and longer to return to the game and quitting out of every so often solved it for me
Post edited December 18, 2023 by Huff
Tried to open my first black chest today and obviously was not ready "disarmIngly". After numerous deaths and reloads it started freezing up. I had been playing for a while up to that point.

Having a blast so far and am getting into the differences between it and previous m&m's. Trying to wrap my head around the fact that my priest is the best archer of the group. (2 fighters/2 initiates)