It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

A quick list of bugs and suggested changes or additions from my time playing with the most recent patch. I haven't had time to really dig into anything yet, so I'll probably add to this list later.

------------

BUG - MINOR - The description for the Terran Khanate has a line stating "castes were stablished." This should be "castes were established.

BUG - MODERATE - If you choose to develop a custom race, and then change what race you are playing in the game setup screen, but include the race whose template you used to create your custom race as an opponent, then that race will be the "custom" race as opposed to the default version of that race.

For example: You select Custom Race and pick the Alkari as your base race and make alterations. You name the leader "Big Bird." In the game setup screen, you change your racial pick to the Humans, but leave the Alkari as one of the AI opponent races. In game, you will use the default Humans without any alterations while the game will use your altered custom version of the Alkari with "Big Bird" as the leader.

Note that I actually kinda like the idea of being able to create a custom race that you can actually play against, but right now the system is working in the least expected way possible. If I switch races after creating a custom race I would expect either (a) the choices I made would carry over to the new race I select or (b) I would get a warning that my changes will be discarded and proceed with the default racial choices.

------------

SUGGESTED CHANGE - Allow us to name our custom races. I understand this might mess with GNN a little bit, but I honestly find that naming the race, as opposed to just the leader, makes a race more "mine" than needing to use the default racial name. It should be possible to come up with some generally applicable "generic" name GNN would use for custom races that would allow us to name the race while still allowing GNN to mention it.

SUGGESTED ADDITION: Worker auto-build. Right now, you've got to manually move workers around, which gets to be a pretty big pain late game. Let us set them to auto-build and then allow us to specify a repeat-build task (i.e. always build a defense station at viable warp points). At least make them move automatically and then ask us when they reach a viable build node what, if anything, we want built. This change would significantly reduce micromanagement late game.

SUGGESTED CHANGE: This is more of a personal thing, but I would prefer if there were more "event" attacks than the generic pirates we get right now. Something closer to the Antarans in MOO2. Those had the potential to actually affect the game a little bit, since it forced players to move fleets around to try and save a colony (or choose to move a fleet away and sacrifice a colony).

The way pirates work right now is just obnoxious and feels way too much like barbarians from Civ as opposed to something from MOO. They never pose any real threat to my ships or colonies and force me to build ships with bombs (which are otherwise a waste of space) for the sole purpose of eliminating pirate bases. It's so annoying I play most of my games with pirates turned off. At a minimum we should be able to destroy their bases without resorting to bombs.

-------- ADDED 3/29/16-----------------------------

BUG - MINOR: In tactical combat, if you hover over your weapons systems, you will see a tooltip giving the name of the weapon and a description of damage/facing, etc. However, there is no picture of the weapon, just a large blank black space. This obviously takes up a lot of screen real estate. Either a picture of the weapon should be added or the tooltip compressed to just give the information.

BUG - MINOR: In tactical combat, the tooltip for "retreat" is misspelled as "rereat."

BUG: MINOR: Orange stars are not providing planets capable of supporting life, despite their tooltip saying they "always" do so. I observed this using Small Galaxy Seed 49117 in the Sahil system. A orange-star system contained two barren planets and a gas giant.

Note that for the purposes of this bug, I am considering "life supporting" planets to be those capable of providing some measure of food without the need for specialized tech.

BUG: MODERATE: In the GNN reports, there is no racial name given when playing as the Terrans. For example, in the report you get after colonizing three planets, the GNN report will say "___ has grown in strength."
Post edited March 30, 2016 by ctwinchester
ctwinchester: A quick list of bugs and suggested changes or additions from my time playing with the most recent patch. I haven't had time to really dig into anything yet, so I'll probably add to this list later.

------------

BUG - MINOR - The description for the Terran Khanate has a line stating "castes were stablished." This should be "castes were established.

BUG - MODERATE - If you choose to develop a custom race, and then change what race you are playing in the game setup screen, but include the race whose template you used to create your custom race as an opponent, then that race will be the "custom" race as opposed to the default version of that race.

For example: You select Custom Race and pick the Alkari as your base race and make alterations. You name the leader "Big Bird." In the game setup screen, you change your racial pick to the Humans, but leave the Alkari as one of the AI opponent races. In game, you will use the default Humans without any alterations while the game will use your altered custom version of the Alkari with "Big Bird" as the leader.

Note that I actually kinda like the idea of being able to create a custom race that you can actually play against, but right now the system is working in the least expected way possible. If I switch races after creating a custom race I would expect either (a) the choices I made would carry over to the new race I select or (b) I would get a warning that my changes will be discarded and proceed with the default racial choices.

------------

SUGGESTED CHANGE - Allow us to name our custom races. I understand this might mess with GNN a little bit, but I honestly find that naming the race, as opposed to just the leader, makes a race more "mine" than needing to use the default racial name. It should be possible to come up with some generally applicable "generic" name GNN would use for custom races that would allow us to name the race while still allowing GNN to mention it.

SUGGESTED ADDITION: Worker auto-build. Right now, you've got to manually move workers around, which gets to be a pretty big pain late game. Let us set them to auto-build and then allow us to specify a repeat-build task (i.e. always build a defense station at viable warp points). At least make them move automatically and then ask us when they reach a viable build node what, if anything, we want built. This change would significantly reduce micromanagement late game.

SUGGESTED CHANGE: This is more of a personal thing, but I would prefer if there were more "event" attacks than the generic pirates we get right now. Something closer to the Antarans in MOO2. Those had the potential to actually affect the game a little bit, since it forced players to move fleets around to try and save a colony (or choose to move a fleet away and sacrifice a colony).

The way pirates work right now is just obnoxious and feels way too much like barbarians from Civ as opposed to something from MOO. They never pose any real threat to my ships or colonies and force me to build ships with bombs (which are otherwise a waste of space) for the sole purpose of eliminating pirate bases. It's so annoying I play most of my games with pirates turned off. At a minimum we should be able to destroy their bases without resorting to bombs.
Hi,

How does patch 42.6 work for you? We've updated the offline builds and the new patch should be available via Galaxy already :)
One possible bug i've found is when loading a saved game; there are warp lines from every jump point to every other jump point; which makes the galaxy map almost impossible to see if there are lots of gates constructed.

Strangest thing is - without loading a save those same lines are not present; nor are new lines made when new gates are constructed until the game is saved and reloaded.

This is on 42.6.
ctwinchester: A quick list of bugs and suggested changes or additions from my time playing with the most recent patch. I haven't had time to really dig into anything yet, so I'll probably add to this list later.

------------

------------

JudasIscariot: Hi,

How does patch 42.6 work for you? We've updated the offline builds and the new patch should be available via Galaxy already :)
The issues I reported in my initial post still exist after 42.6