It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello.
First, I take this opportunity to thank all of the Community for the interest they take in this fabulous game, 26 years after its first release. Special cudows to those at Slitherin who keep updating the game.
Now to the bad part of my message. I noticed a game-breaking bug in the latest Community patch on Gog, which is 1.52.01 (to correct previous 1.52 if I'm not mistaken).
In 1.52, there was a little bug on the Create Artifact/Enchant Item windows, where the game would crash back to the deskop if the player clicked on the left arrow of the item icon (top left of the window). A bit of a pain, but easily circumventable by cycling through all the items with the right arrow and not using the left arrow.

The new patch corrected this, which is great, but now the spells do not take into account the retorts Artificer and Runemaster in the cost of the item .Or rather, they are taken into account in the Item creation screen, but no longer un the spellbook and the real counting afterwards.

An example. If the player possess both retorts above, a simple +1 Attack Sword should cost 38 mana to create. And that's what the item creation screen shows. Once you close this screen and go to spellbook, it now shows 150 Mana instead of 38, and it will indeed consume 150 Mana.

To me, it is a game-breaking bug, as my usual tactic involves both retorts to get a lot of mana early and strengthen my heroes at a lower cost.

Thank you for reading me. Waiting for a correction before I play again.

Edit : I found on the Steam forum that there was a hotfix : steamcommunity.com/app/1146370/discussions/0/4086396791259554799/
So I downloaded it, put it in my Master of Magic Community Patch folder, where the Wizards.exe and Fileset.exe already were, launched Dosbox, mounted the folder in it and ran the command listed, and I get an error :

Runtime error 002 at 0000:0188

Did I do something wrong ?
Post edited April 23, 2020 by owydowy
002 is file not found. Check if the files are the correct name and they are in the correct folder.
Thank you, it workds now. I guess I forgot to go onto the mounted drive the first time, or something like that. I can play the game again, which is great ! :)
MOM apply patches
(This taken from Seravy instructions elsewhere)
Put fileset.exe, wizards.exe and the patch (ie fixnorm.txt) into the same folder (like c:\MoM).
Then in dosbox do this :
Mount f: c:\MoM
f:
fileset wizards.exe fixnorm.txt
press ENTER, the patch should be applied (should get no errors)

Avoid file and folder names with more than 8+3 characters as those are difficult to access in dos.

FYI
To access DOSBOX go to MOM folder then navigate to either
Master of Magic Community Patch
Master of Magic Official Release
Master of Magic Caster of Magic DLC
EXAMPLE C:\..\..\Master of Magic\Master of Magic Caster of Magic DLC\DOSBOX
open DOSBX fldr and doubleclick on DOSBox.exe