It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Our master build is now updated to 1.1.4. Please redownload the game from your shelf and have fun!

Firek: To update the game, you need to uninstall, then reinstall it. Choosing to keep your save files might be a good idea, too. ;)
This is necessary because our installers don't replace files by default, since many old games keep save games stashed in weird places and an "update" might end up wiping something valuable.
Post edited April 20, 2012 by Firek
To update the game, you need to uninstall, then reinstall it. Choosing to keep your save files might be a good idea, too. ;)
This is necessary because our installers don't replace files by default, since many old games keep save games stashed in weird places and an "update" might end up wiping something valuable.
allan84: are you sure? the file that i get to download still says 1.0.0.8, so im going to wait
\
1.0.0.8 is just our internal build number, not the actual game version.
Our build ninja is out of office on vacation, so he made the build from a train station in Ireland; I will ask on Monday if there is anything we can do to fix the issue if you don't manually uninstall and then reinstall this build.
xizar: You're missing the point of how updates are managed in general between the two platforms. Steam auto-updates. GoG requires a manual reinstall (and perhaps uninstall as well, it seems.)
In this *specific* case? Yes. In general, though? No. We've patched a number of games with a patcher that updates the game incrementally as you'd expect instead of requiring an uninstall and reinstall. As for auto-updating, there are quite a few reasons why you might not want to be forced to update your game. We'd rather let you make that decision yourself.
sarbian: I don't want to check dev blogs every time I play just too see If there is a new patch. Some notification in the client or somewhere else would be nice ...
The download page don't even mention the patch level.
I believe that the shelf and the downloader both give you notice about this. Do they not?
Sotamarsu: At least my shelf didn't give any notice.
Hm. That sounds like a bug; I'll let dev know. Thanks for that, guys. It's one of the new features of the new design, and it looks like something went awry.
Apparently, we'll be rolling out notifications of updates via downloader and the shelf next month. I thought it was an already-released feature because I've seen it in action on our testbed version of GOG. Sorry about that.
TheEnigmaticT: Our master build is now updated to 1.1.4. Please redownload the game from your shelf and have fun!
Firek: To update the game, you need to uninstall, then reinstall it. Choosing to keep your save files might be a good idea, too. ;)
ERISS: Same bug. the game does not launch for DirectX reason...
I did uninstall before installing with the new build.
Apparently, renaming D3DX9_43.dll solves this.
Grintch:
TheEnigmaticT: Our master build is now updated to 1.1.4. Please redownload the game from your shelf and have fun!

Grintch: I just uninstalled and redownloaded and it's still version 1.3.1, what's going on?
I have no idea. Server gnomes? If you could submit a Support ticket, I'm sure Firek will get on it first thing tomorrow.