It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Riddip: So why does the page still offer the 1.0.0.8 download, if the patched version is 1.1.4 ?
ERISS: This is the same.
(But if we had actually the choice left, the 1.0.0.6/1.1.3 would still be an option instead of being removed from download.)
Ok thx, good to know. But a bit confusing. Why use diefferent numbers on downloadable file and ingame? :P
It might be a silly question, but what does this patch fix?
thx
Legless: It might be a silly question, but what does this patch fix?
thx
From
http://www.grimrock.net/2012/04/20/patch-1-1-4-released/

- vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos and broken english
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)
- quick save/load
- volume sliders
- to avoid confusion autosave & quicksave slots can’t be renamed anymore
- adjusted gui layout and camera fov so that user interface elements do not overlap with important screen areas on non-widescreen displays
- invert horizontal mouse option
- camera bobbing option (only available by editing the config file manually)
- configurable tooltip delay (only available by editing the config file manually)
- frame rate limiter (set to 120fps but can be changed by editing the config file)
- custom character portraits
+ many bugfixes
thx zarevak that's great
Legless: It might be a silly question, but what does this patch fix?
thx
zarevak: From
http://www.grimrock.net/2012/04/20/patch-1-1-4-released/

- vsync is enabled by default
- borderless windows are no longer topmost
- pressing ESC closes character sheet
- fixed unlimited frost arrow exploit
- improved display resolution auto-detection at first launch
- fixed a couple of typos and broken english
- removed check that disables high texture resolution setting when running low on video memory (some graphics drivers seem to report available video memory incorrectly)
- quick save/load
- volume sliders
- to avoid confusion autosave & quicksave slots can’t be renamed anymore
- adjusted gui layout and camera fov so that user interface elements do not overlap with important screen areas on non-widescreen displays
- invert horizontal mouse option
- camera bobbing option (only available by editing the config file manually)
- configurable tooltip delay (only available by editing the config file manually)
- frame rate limiter (set to 120fps but can be changed by editing the config file)
- custom character portraits
+ many bugfixes
TheEnigmaticT: As for auto-updating, there are quite a few reasons why you might not want to be forced to update your game. We'd rather let you make that decision yourself.
I don't want to check dev blogs every time I play just too see If there is a new patch. Some notification in the client or somewhere else would be nice ...
The download page don't even mention the patch level.
Post edited April 24, 2012 by sarbian
sarbian: I don't want to check dev blogs every time I play just too see If there is a new patch. Some notification in the client or somewhere else would be nice ...
I believe that the shelf and the downloader both give you notice about this. Do they not?
sarbian: I don't want to check dev blogs every time I play just too see If there is a new patch. Some notification in the client or somewhere else would be nice ...
TheEnigmaticT: I believe that the shelf and the downloader both give you notice about this. Do they not?
At least my shelf didn't give any notice.
Sotamarsu: At least my shelf didn't give any notice.
Hm. That sounds like a bug; I'll let dev know. Thanks for that, guys. It's one of the new features of the new design, and it looks like something went awry.
Sotamarsu: At least my shelf didn't give any notice.
TheEnigmaticT: Hm. That sounds like a bug; I'll let dev know. Thanks for that, guys. It's one of the new features of the new design, and it looks like something went awry.
Please tell them also that if you press End key in shelf you go to the 96th-100th game and then you can scroll down not further than the 146th-150th game. Sometimes this happens when I quickly scroll down to the bottom. If that happens then you have to press Home key or scroll up almost at the beginning of the shelf to have access to the games at the bottom of the shelf.

I am using Win7 64-bit with Google Chrome 18.0.1025.162

But now -> Installing Grimrock
Post edited April 24, 2012 by Sotamarsu
I can confirm my shelf didn't give me any info / option to download 1.1.4 patch either.
I dont see any update on my shelf for the game either theres no info in the gog downloader about an update either.
TheEnigmaticT: Our build ninja is out of office on vacation, so he made the build from a train station in Ireland;
I have to just say this is awesome and another reason why I love supporting GOG. That's dedication.
Apparently, we'll be rolling out notifications of updates via downloader and the shelf next month. I thought it was an already-released feature because I've seen it in action on our testbed version of GOG. Sorry about that.
I really appreciate that GOG is leaving upgrades under user control. That's a great thing.

I hope that it will be easy to discover that my games have updates, and what those updates are with the new notification system. I would hope that there would be a top-bar icon of sorts that will guide me to the update and that the updates will come with whatever text is needed to describe them.

Ideally I would hope that users can install old versions in the case of problems, but I don't know how much that costs you.
TheEnigmaticT: Our master build is now updated to 1.1.4. Please redownload the game from your shelf and have fun!
Firek: To update the game, you need to uninstall, then reinstall it. Choosing to keep your save files might be a good idea, too. ;)
Same bug. the game does not launch for DirectX reason...
I did uninstall before installing with the new build.
Post edited April 26, 2012 by ERISS